z

Young Writers Society

newbie here

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:03 pm
emomimi says...

um does anyone know what a review is. in the rules they said i have to write at least two reviews before submitting a story

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:15 pm
Rydia says...

Quite simply, a review is a critique of another member's poem or story. If you read another member's piece of work and tell them what you liked, what you didn't like, why and how they can improve it, that is a review.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:17 pm
Emerson says...

Hello and welcome to the YWS!

Here is how you do a review: 1. read someones story or poem 2. give them feed back. Here are a few links on how to write good reviews: Link One, Link Two, Link Three.

If you have any other questions or need more help with the site feel free to message me, or anyone else in green! Another great place to look around is the Help Wiki.

What do you write, and what do you read? Tell us about yourself. :) I hope you enjoy the site!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:49 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey, welcome.

if you need anything, let me know.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:04 pm
Avens Dolor says...

Hello and welcome!

This is a great forum, and a fantastic place for writers. You've obviously already read the rules, which everyone will appreciate, so you're off to a good start!

Let me know if you need anything or have questions. I'm always happy to offer reviews!

Avens

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:34 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey Em! Welcome to YWS:)

I see you already checked up on the rules and stuff. Good for you. Was it the FAQ you looked at? Well, another good place to look for help if you're a little confused is the Help and Support section (click the tab at the top of the page).

So tell us, what kinds of things do you like to write? Romance? Sci-fi? Fantasy? Maybe poems or lyrics?
There's a separate section for all that stuff, and all kinds of other stuff to do. There's usergroups (kind of like clubs; click the 'Groups' tab, top of the page), there are blogs, there's the generators (to see what those are, go to 'downloads and games' under the Community tab), and threads for discussing what you're writing and getting advice for it. It's a really cool place, and everybody here is simply incredible.

If you have any questions, send me a PM! (click the button underneath this message) Or you can write on my guestbook, in my profile.

Hope you're already have fun:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hey! I am SimonCowellLuver but you can call me SCL for short. Welcome to the Site there is plenty to keep you busy.
Like the YWS Radio, Groups (Greeters Instructors etc) also the chat room (but right now its shut down)

I don't know when it is going to be back up. Oh well have fun kid!

If you need me PM me please!

SCL :)
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:51 am
mizz-iceberg says...

HI!! Welcome aboard!

I'm also here if you need any help.
See we're helpful friendly folk.

I'm sure you'll have a blast here.

See you around!!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

*gestures in butterfly meme*
— BluesClues