z

Young Writers Society

Hey, another newbie!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:54 pm
savetheoceans says...

Hello everyone from the young writers soceity =D !! Ok, where to start my introduction... well, I've always loved writing, almost as much as I love reading. I have a big imagination and it doesn't just revolve around fantasies - it tends to drift off into the scientific world. Hard to believe, isn't it? Anyway, just wanted to say HI :D and that I'm glad to have found this site.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:27 pm
Lilith says...

EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaa

And welcome to YWS, if you continue a mile in that general direction, you'll hit munchkin land. But you won't want to go there of course. They have a problem with falling houses.

You can try your hand at any genre here, you don't have to stick to one. I write almost anything other than horror. So no matter if you're writing fantasy or sci-fi, you'll be very welcome.

Oh, questions just for fun:

1. When did you start writing?

2. What was you're first story about.

3. The randome list of FAVES:

book
author
movie
music

and you can add some other faves if you are willing.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:40 pm
savetheoceans says...

haha thanks...
Ok, as for the questions:

1. Probably in 3rd grade, but I was always imagining things as a little girl. I started out as an artist and would make up stories for everything I drew.

2. My VERY first story...well from what I remember it was about a pony princess going into the 'DEEP, DARK WOODS' to find her mother's, the queen's, magical wand which was stolen. Interesting story..haha

3. Favorite book? Too many to list but, my top four would be Twilight series, Harry Potter series, Abarat series, and of course, Pride and Prejudice.
Favorite author - Stephenie Meyer, Jane Austen, Stephen King, Ann Rice, JK Rowling, and Clive Barker.
Favorite movie - currently The Dark Knight. All time favorites would have to be all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (Johnny Depp<3), Quills, Big Fish, The Brother's Grimm, The Core, Armageddon, Stardust (although I hated the book), Finding Nemo, Troy, King Arthur, well, that's about all I can list for now. =b
"Destiny is not a matter of change, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
- William Jennings Bryan

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:49 pm
Rydia says...

Ooooh, an Abaret reader and a fan of Johnny Depp? You and I should get on pretty well =) Welcome to the site! If you need a hand around here, feel free to send a pm my way and I'll see if I can help you out.

Have you got any questions about the site yet? And have you tried reading any of Terry Pratchett's books? They're very good sci fi with some lovely fantasy and humour thrown in.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:51 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to YWS.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:21 pm
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to the one and only YWS!! *hands out cookies*

If you haven't already you may want to check out the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu - it has loads of helpful and important stuff. Also, you can pm me with any questions you might have.

Twilight series? You'll find loads of threads for Twilight and I think that there's even a group for fans.

All the best and I hope you like it here,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:31 pm
JFW1415 says...

Hello, and welcome to this scary site called YWS! If you ever need anything, PM me. I loooove helping little newbies. ;)

~JFW1415

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg