z

Young Writers Society

Heyy

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:13 am
lucyy says...

I am posting this to introduce myself as a new member as its what im supposed to do .. so here it is ... (i have prewarned you if you get bored!!) :D
Right, my name is lucy (as can prob tell by username) & i have joined this because i love to write & thought that this was the site for me!! But the other thing i love to do other than write is to read so i will make sure i read almost everything on this site hehe :P
So ... thats all i can think of really, any questions or interested to hear more from me :D just say haha, but it may take me a while to find out cos i need to get the hang of this site first (it took me bout 5 mins to work out how to post this!!) & im not internet phobe either, just a little dippy :P

Well there you have it hi & goodbye (: xxx

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:14 pm
gamechanger10 says...

Hey, Lucy.
Welcome to YWS!

It's a rule here that you must review two other pieces before posting one of your own.
You should go ahead and do that as soon as possible!

Hope to see you around the site!

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:31 pm
Alainna says...

Hola Lucy and welcome to YWS!! *hands out free books*

Ah, if you're still trying to get the hang of things then there are some things which you can do to make YWS seem a bit more accessible. First, go over to the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu at the top of the site. Under there are the rules, the guide and a Help & Support Wiki. These are really helpful.
Also, you can pm me with any concerns you may have. Just click on the 'pm me!' button at the bottom of this post.

You can also sign up for a Buddy here:

topic20053.html

There you can find a mentor to help you out whilst you get used to the site.

So, what do you write? Your favourite book?

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:41 pm
Blink says...

Heya!

Nice to meet you Lucy, you can call me... Blink, or Mark or whatever :) You might want to head over to the Rules & Guidelines and check out what you need to do (or need to not do) to be a real YWSer! If you have any questions, we'd all be happy to help. There are some basic principles such as no netspeak, work ratings and the 2:1 review:submission ratio!

I think that's it aside from what Alainna said. Have a great time and I hope to see you again soon!

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:39 am
Kyuubi says...

Bonjour, Lucy! Obviously I'm not the first to say welcome, but I wanted to anyway. So, welcome! I really do hope you will like it here. I know I do. So what genres do you enjoy to write? If you like RPG's then Storybooks are the way to go. If you Romance, obviously Romantic-Fiction, etc. If you have any question or comments, feel free to PM me.

~Wolfie~

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:59 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey, Lucy! How are youuuuu? Welcome to YWS! This is such an addicting site. Seriously. It should be illegal because it's so addicting.

Everyone else has basically covered all of the rules, so I just wanted to drop by and say hi. Might I also guide you to the Mentors section? You can find an excellent buddy who can help you with your writing for a month. Excellent way to start the YWSing!

If you are ever in need of an answer, or a critique, please feel free to send a PM my way! I'll get back to you as soon as I can!

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

Welcome to YWS

If you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:54 am
Avens Dolor says...

Hello and welcome!

If you ever need a writing critique, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to oblige.

I can also help you out around YWS if you have any questions.

See you around the forums!

Avens

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:32 am
lucyy says...

Thank you for all your replies .. im genuinely surprised i even got any!! hehe. sorry for the long time reply, but i've only just worked out how to reply without using private mail thingy hehe, but slowly & surely im getting the hang of it all! & thank you all for your friendly replies, i already feel really welcome :D & im going to check out some writing & do some reviews today & as for what i like to write, i like writing romance (:

Thank you all again, lucy xxx
"Don't think, or judge. Just Listen."

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.