z

Young Writers Society

the unprecedented prelude

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:27 pm
TheLadyHelena says...

:!: WARNING :!: .....I am new.
Just arrived, and Good God, do i love to write. That is why i do.
In the interest of myself (i am not a greedy bastard) I am introducing myself to the world of...this place. It's quite lovely to be here already. I look foward to reading all of your wonderful works (assuming they are in fact wonderful). I hope that when i finally get my long-since-being-worked-on piece up here, you will let the moments in your precious life slip every so quietly away as you read it. Not to sound morbid, but i do understand that time is valuable, and it likes to evade us, because why wouldn't it? Why would anything be so simple for us? Well, i pray dearly my story (and my other works) will not be a drastic waste of your time. Enjoy (everything)!

In hopes of befriending your kind souls, :)

The Lady Helena (you will never know my true name, and i apologize if you are overcome with suden curiosity)

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 pm
Jon says...

hi lady helena, and welcome to YWS, you will find that this is a wonderful site to improve your writing skills and make new friends. As a rule on this site, you must review two other people's work before you post any of your own and it is an unspoken rule that you keep the review to post ratio 2/1 which means for every post you do it is good to have two reviews to back it up.

Also, if you ever have any questions pm me and i would be glad to help you

welcome

---Jon---
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hi =] welcome to the site!

It's a great place to share writing, I've found my grammar and everything has improved and I've only been here a little while.

What is it you're working on at the moment? Don't worry about wasting our time, obviously this is something we like to do otherwise we wouldn't do it! That means it can't be a waste of time =D

I'm sure if you need any help you'll have no problem finding the answer. You can PM me if you need to though =] I know my way around by now.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:34 pm
Alainna says...

Hola Lady Helena and a big welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

Ah, just a quick note, as we are a site for younger people, swearing is generally not appreciated unless it's in your blog or in a piece of your literary work. Just a heads up :wink: .

Anyways, if you haven't already you may want to check out the helpful stuff under the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu. You can also pm me if you need anything - help, crit, chat - I'm more than happy to help.

All the best with your writing.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians