z

Young Writers Society

Hey!!!!

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:27 pm
DarkAngelNight says...

Hey! I'm new here and I'm just checking out the site-its pretty awesome!

I'm currently trying to write a novel (Fantasy) as the moment and that's coming on okay!
Well, anyway, things to do, novels to write...

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:52 pm
Emerson says...

Hey there! Should I call you DAN or do you have a nickname?

If you have any questions about the YWS or you can't find your way around, feel free to PM me! What are your favorite genre of books? Do you write anything other than fantasy? I have to be nosy to get to know you. :) Don't forget to read the rules/faqs; they will help you a lot!

I hope you enjoy the site! And just as a note, it's usually not allowed to have all caps in thread titles, because it's annnoying and painful to the eyes. The only place we do allow it, is in literature, when it's capitalized for a purpose/artistic reasons. But it's a bit of an unwritten rule. So I'm going to go and make your title lowercase. :D You'll still get a lot of welcoming love - we're a great crowd.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:18 pm
rubberduck says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!:)

What type of music do you like? What other genres do you write? (Apart from fantasy.)
When you post your story, feel free to PM me. I'd love to read it! ^^

The people in YWS are great. They all give constructive feedback. It'll definitely help improve your writing skills. You can also get some help from other people here.

We also have a Buddy System. Here's the link for it. It's in this forum, actually.
topic20053.html
:D Check it out! ^^

Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section if you haven't already. ^^
It'll help you answer any questions that you may have for this site.
As the rules state.. You must give 2 reviews for every story you post. Please keep this in mind! :D

PM me if you need any help or just want to chat. Oh. Remember to PM me when you post something! ^^

Seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:15 pm
Alainna says...

Hola and welcome to YWS!! *hands out party poppers*

Ah, the rules have already been pointed out so I won't go over them again. What I will say is that if you ever need anything all you have to do is send a pm flying my way and I'll be happy to help you out as best as I can.

All the best with that fantasy novel - YWS is great for motivation and inspiration, so hopefully you'll pick up some great ideas from here.

See you around,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey!

It's great that you're having a good time on YWS. We all love the new peeps, so feel free to ask any questions if you can't figure something out.

A fantasy novel, huh? You should post some chapters of that up so people can take a look. If you're already really far into it, I would suggest posting your novel in the Advanced Critiques forum. That's where people actually read every single word you post, and then tell you what they thought of it. It'll run you 500 points.

DarkAngelNight: Points? What do you mean, points?

Well, you see, Nate made up this rule: "review twice, post once." It's to prevent what most writing sites have: People posting their work, and nobody looking at it or giving them feedback. And the only feedback they're getting is, "dat wuz good. u shewd rite more." Basically, when you post a review, the largest amount of points you can get is 50. When you post a story/poem/photograph whatever, it'll run you 100 points. If you can do the math, 50 + 50 = 100. You catch my drift?

There are a lot of other places in the site too where you can get some points. Posting in this forum, for instance, can get you some points. In the writing tips forum, and pretty much all other forums that are dedicated to helping users. On the other hand, other things can run you points too. So, you see, you lose points by posting in the AC forum, posting on storybooks (if you wanna know what those are, PM me), and posting pieces of work.

If you're confused about anything I just said, or want to know a little more, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to help you.

Have fun!
~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

Spend your days thinking about things that are good and true and beautiful and noble, and you will become good and true and beautiful and noble.
— Matthew Kelly