z

Young Writers Society

Hey, Bishop's here, and im only 16 o_0

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 pm
Bishop says...

Don't know where to start, its a new type of forum im used to going to, but maybe you guys will make me feel a bit more comfortable. I like writing novels and poems so I might give you guys a taste of what i'm talking about, i'm 16 but im pretty good at writing for my age.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:18 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Reply cherry!

EDIT: Sorry, I just wanted to be the first to greet you! lol. Hey, my name's Marli-roo, but you can call me Rabbit or Professor if you like, from my username. Welcome to the Young Writers Society! I'm sure you'll love it here, with all the other like-minded young people. And don't worry, at 16 you're part of the older crowd around here, from what I've gathered in my browsing. Most of the kidlets seem to be in the 13-15 range. Let's see, you'll hear this from most people replying to your thread, but before you post any of your own writing, you have to comment two other pieces, for the sake of fairness. Just remember to keep the criticism-to-story ratio at 2:1 or greater and you'll be good.

If you find that you have any questions, or you're looking for someone to review your work, don't hesitate to contact me. :)
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:56 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hey and Welcome to the site. I am SimonCowellLuver or known as SCL. Well I wanted to welcome you and see if you needed any help finding your way around. if you do feel free tp pm me anytime. I will get back to you.

Also here to describe some activities are chatting with people, YWS Radio, games or quizzes etc. You get the point. :lol:

If you have questions or concerns feel free to pm me whenever you like.

Have fun!!! :elephant:

SimonCowellLuver (SCL) :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:46 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

I'm Night Mistress, and if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

have fun on this site. you will love it!

Night Mistress(NM)
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:57 pm
sofi says...

hey bishop!

if you love writing then i think you'll love it here. you get addicted pretty fast!
just look around and explore the site a bit and you'll find loads of topics and forums that interest you :D

if you want anyone to review your work or just have any qiuestions id be happy to help.

sofi
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

^_^ This is a great community, so I'm sure you'll grow to love it and all of the awesome members here.

We definitely look forward to seeing your work, so don't hesitate to share! Just remember that for every peice you put up, you should review 2 others. :wink:

If you're finding you need help getting around the site, then I would highly recommend our Buddy System! But, of course, if you have any questions, need a review, or need a friend then you can always PM me anytime! ^_^

We look forward to seeing you around! Please enjoy the site!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:27 pm
Emerson says...

Hey there and welcome to YWS! If you have any questions about the site or need help finding something, feel free to pm me.

What genre of fiction do you write? I'd love to read your writing, since you say it's good. Just keep in mind the two to one policy, if you haven't read it yet. Review two things before you post, and for everyone one you post, keep up those two new reviews!

Have fun and don't be too shy. ^^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:24 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hey Bishop!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to YWS!!
I'm Mizz Iceberg or you can just call me Mizz. And I'd love to help you if you ever need any help so just PM me. It would be a good idea to check out the Faqs, Guides and rules of this site before you get going.

I'm looking forward to reading your work and I hope you have fun here!!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:18 am
Demeter says...

ProfessorRabbit, who ya callin' kidlet?

Haha. Welcome, Bishop. I'm only 15... :( but I'll be 16 in December, yay! No more kidleting! :) You would be surprised if you knew how talented 13-year-olds we have here in YWS. Kidlets rock. And the older people, too ;)

Well, you've heard of the rules, guides and yada yada more than you can probably handle, so I'll just hope you luck around here.

Enjoy the site, that is to say! If there's anything you'd like to ask, just PM me.

See you around,

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:07 am
Avens Dolor says...

Welcome to YWS, Bishop!

If you're ever in need of a writing critique, just drop me a line.

Keep in mind all of the pointers that other members have already offered you, and know that we're a pretty friendly bunch. If you've got questions regarding the site (or anything else) don't hesitate to ask.

Avens

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:37 pm
Blink says...

Hey, welcome Bishop!

I'm Mark, or Blink, by the way. What type of stuff do like to write (genres and so). I like fantasy myself, and see you are already keeping to the 2:1 submission ratio. :D

Let me know if you want me to check out anything...

WELCOME!

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx