z

Young Writers Society

A quick introduction

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:23 pm
mkuzek says...

Hello to all!

My name is Matt and I am brand new to this site. I really enjoy writing and am looking forward to posting my first piece as well as reading what others have to offer.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:10 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, Matt!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Demeter *makes a curtsy* So tell us, Matt, how did you find here? it's always interesting to hear different stories about that. :)

What kind of things do you like to write and read? Who's your favourite author?

If you already haven't checked the Help and Support section, you might want to do it now – there's some really helpful stuff out there. We have a rule that you must do at least two reviews before posting any of own work. And after that, it's best to keep the review/own piece ratio as 2:1. Also, if you feel like you're in need of a mentor (someone who would help you with your writing), it's possible here in YWS. Just check the topic "The Buddy System" to find out more. :)

Anyways, I hope you'll love the place. Actually, I already know you will, haha. You can PM me if there's anything you'd like to ask.

See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:58 pm
Meshugenah says...

Welcome aboard! I think Demeter covered just about everything, so! What do you write? Favorite baseball team? Play any instruments? And who's that behind you? ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I usually know what's going on!

*feels very unhelpful*

See ya around!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:00 am
Emerson says...

Hey there!

Well, everyone else is taking my lines, so all I can say is that if you need help or can't find something on the site, feel free to pm me! I hope you enjoy the site.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:11 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hey Matt!! Wow we have yet another Matt aboard!! Well, Welcome to yWS!!

I also here if you ever need any help! Send PM my way and I'll try my best to help you out.

Enjoy!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey, Matt!

Welcome to YWS!

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:07 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Hey Matt!

I have a friend by that name, very cool guy. =P Since you've joined our awesome site, you probably are too. XD

Anyways, I'm glad to hear you're looking forward to reviewing other people's work. We have a 2 to 1 rule (Do 2 reviews for every 1 piece you post) and if you like reviewing then you won't mind it. ^_^ That and reviewing other people's work is actually a good way to get reviews.

So please enjoyt the site and have fun. PM me anytime if you have questions, need a friend or need a review (no, seriously. I have trouble deciding what to review so I just kind of hope someone will ask me to review something for them and choose for me. XD).

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:01 pm
niteowl says...

Well, since it looks like all the usual welcome stuff has been covered, what's a late gift-giver to do? Well, give a gift, of course! So welcome Matt and enjoy the site. Now take it away, Charlie!

CONGRATULATIONS MATT!!! YOU'RE THE TEN MILLIONTH MEMBER OF THE SITE!

Charlie, we're nowhere near ten million members. We don't even have ten thousand members.

I KNOW THAT NITE! I WAS JUST PRACTICING! ANYWAY, MATT-WHO-IS-NOT-REALLY-THE-TEN-MILLIONTH-MEMBER, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:11 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

hey Matt I am SimonCowellLuver or SCL for short. Welcome to YWS (Young Writer's Society) Just in case you don't know. So What do you like to do not counting Writing? What do you like to write? :smt044

Well if you have any comments,concerns, or questions feel free to contact me by pm ok.

See you around SimonnCowellLuver :smt043 :smt059 :smt046
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality