z

Young Writers Society

I'm here, the Phantom of the Operaaaaa...

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:53 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

Well hi there!

I'm Gemma and I'm twenty-one. I'm here in Australia, currently in Sydney but I live in Brisbane. I've fallen in love with Phantom of the Opera and have been researching the characters for two books I'm working on.
I loved the original Leroux novel as well as Etienne de Mendes' 'Return of the Phantom'. But I'm also interested in crime and sci-fi novels. I'm also working on a Doctor Who trilogy, Father of Time (Ten/OC). So say hi! I don't bite on days ending in Y.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! Haha, you like Phantom too? (Look at my avatar!) POTO rocks. That was the first musical that I fell in love with.

Anyway, welcome to YWS! I can't wait to read your work. If you need a critique or any help at all, just PM me. I'll be there for you. There is a rule on YWS that we must critique 2 things before we post 1 of ours. It's like the rice ratio. 2:1. Two cups of water to one cup of rice. XD

Well, again, hey! I'm Jared! What's up? I can't wait to read your stuff!

-Jared
Last edited by BigBadBear on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 am
Emerson says...

Welcome to the site!

Yay for the Aussies. *not an Aussie* If you have any questions about the site or need help finding your way around feel free to pm me.

Jared has already greeted you - he's really sweet like that.

I wish I had more to say. I'd ask what you write, but you seemed to have already answered that question! And it's a good thing you don't bite on days ending in Y. I, however, bite on days ending in Y and W.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

10 Reviews

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:55 am

Hey Jared! Yes, I LOVE Phantom, although I'm an OLD phan. I grew up on Michael Crawford's awesome performance. I saw the Australian company do it three times this weekend. LOVE Anthony Warlow in the role of the Phantom! There's just something about his portrayal of Erik that totally melts me! If you write any Phantom stuff, let me see! I LOVE good Phantom stuff.

Suzanne, thank you for the warm welcome, it's nice to be here.

I'm actually on holiday in Sydney (doin, erm, RESEARCH on Phantom by watching it again and again by flying interstate to see it. Yeah, that's it!). But next wednesday I'll be back in Brisbane and in the warm! ^_^

Thanks for the welcome again!
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:21 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to the Young Writers Society!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!!

But first, don't forget to real the rules and the FAQs. This will help you a lot. We have a rule that which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before any of your work. We are very strict about this rule and as well as the other rules so please do no break them!

If you have any more questions/concerns, feel free to PM me!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:24 am
Demeter says...

AAAAH I LOVE PHANTOM AND AUSTRALIA!!!

I'm so sorry, I used caps. I won't do that ever again!! Sorry everyone! Don't ban me! I just needed to let my opinion out :D

But I'm serious. I love it. I love them. Gerard Butler was very good as Phantom also, don't you think? He has so adorable voice. I'm going this October to London to actually see the musical, I've only seen the movie version (and read the book, and bought the CDs – both Sarah Brightman/Michael Crawford and Emmy Rossum/Gerard Butler versions, and... yeah.) I actually love all the musicals, but the Phantom is my latest love (started last year, I think).

Okay. Welcome to YWS! Hmm, what could your name be shortened to? TPT? Phantom? I like nicknames :) I have loads of them, too: D, Dem, Demi, Meter, Metre etc. :D

Wait... today's.. what day? Um... Monday? Oh no, it ends with Y! Please don't bite me, will you? At least very hard...

Oh, I'm so jealous to you because you live in Australia. I have an Aussie penpal, and I'd love to go there someday.

Well, remember to check the rules if you already haven't, because there's some really helpful stuff for beginners! Enjoy the site, and if there's anything you'd like to know, you can always PM me.

See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:53 pm
Alainna says...

*sings*

Once I get Masquerade into my head I'm done for. :shock:

Anyways, hi and welcome to YWS!!!

If you ever need anything at all - help, chat, crit - feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out. As the other have pointed out most of the important stuff I'll just echo that the Help & Support Wiki is pure genius.

All the best with your research; it sounds fun!

See you,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:33 pm
Sapphire says...

Welcome to the site, Gemma!

I adore Phantom of the Opera! The book is currently on my 'to read' list - can't believe I haven't read it already but I'm not sure if my French would hold up. :lol:

Feel free to send me a message if you need any help or a critique or want to chat. It's good to have you here!

Lauren
:)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

10 Reviews

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:09 am

Oooh, Demeter... for the simple sake of being charming, I'm not going to bestow my opinon as to Gerard Butler's abysmal take on the role. Oops. ^_^ Ah, I'm a phanatic, don't listen to me. If you like Gerry's performance, that's okay. I'm a Crawford girl myself and am TOTALLY in love with Anthony Warlow in the role.... *drool*

Thanks for the heads-up, Casey! I'll make sure that I familiarise myself with them. Thank you for the warm welcome (almost forgot, Demeter, TPT is fine, as is Phantom/Phantomess).

The research was VERY helpful (and I had pleasant dreams of kissing that gorgeous man in the mask!) and I'm VERY much looking forward to writing more of my stage-play, The Phantom Lives (coming to a review section near you!).

Lauren, DO read Leroux's excellent novel. It's a great read and portrays a very different Erik to the musical. It's still our beloved Phantom, but edgier. Alainna, thank you for the welcome and support. Masquerade is indeed catchy, but I have to say that my favourites are Notes (Act One) and Music of the Night.

If anyone would like to chat, feel free! I love talking about my beloved Phantom!

- TPT
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:07 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi I know i am late but welcome anyway!!! I am SimonCowellLuver or SCL it don't matter!

Well If you need me you know how to contact me by Pm ok. What are your in terest not counting Writing. I like Swimming.

See you around!!! SCL :elephant: :smt023 :smt072 :smt058 :smt064 :smt084 :smt075
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women