z

Young Writers Society

hello :)

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:31 pm
Tally says...

Heya!
Just popped in to do the polite thing & introduce myself!
I'm Tally, 17, from London & as you may have guessed, I write! Generally it's mainly half-started novels & the such like, but recently I've been warming to the idea of having a go at a play with some ideas I'm mulling over. My main project at the moment however is a novel, which I'm literally bang on half way through and slowly beginning to lose confidence in. - a common symptom for me at this stage!

When I'm not writing I'm with my friends, or pouring over a Tim Burton creation. THAT MAN IS A GENIUS. Yeah, serious love for Burton. My second passion (after writing) has to be traveling, pretty much anywhere new would do! I also love comedy & going to live gigs & stuffff. :) So yeaaaah, I'm not big on intros. but ta-daaaah :P & me being me I have managed to babble on anyway aha.

Looking forward to getting posting!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:46 pm
sofi says...

hi tally! :D

and welcome! im relativley new as well but i think you'll really like this site!

i agree. tim burton is a genius! i absolutely loved Sweeny Todd.
what kind of music are you into?

i know im new as well but still if you have any questions or nething then feel free to pm me or something :)

im looking forward to reading your work!

sofi
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:18 pm
Kyuubi says...

Bonjour! Welcome to YWS! This is the perfect site for putting your ideas down. It also has many different, fun people to help you finish your novel. The site also offers many different forums that you will enjoy. If you have any questions, PM me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:54 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey, Tally.

Welcome to YWS,

If you need anything or feel like you need a friend, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:10 pm
Demeter says...

Hey there and welcome to YWS! *hugs*

Oh, so you're from London? I love the place! I was there last October to see the Lion King musical = pure love. One of my good friends is there at the moment as an au pair, and I'm probably going to see her this autumn (and to see Phantom of the Opera musical ;))! I love Britain.

I also love travelling! Which countries have you been in? Which one do you like the best? Is there some place you would just love to go to? I didn't have a chance to go anywhere this summer :( But luckily on the October holidays, then! Yay!

I seem to be full of love tonight, haha :) Hmm. As you're new to the site, I highly recommend that you read the rules (in the Help and Support section), they'll help you get started. Also, you should do at least two reviews before you post your stories etc.

Well, have fun on the site! You'll get addicted by no time, that's a fact ;) So beware! PM me if there's anything concerning you, will you?

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:26 am
andimlovegalore says...

Hey =] I'm Ruth.

I love to travel too! I haven't been to many exotic places though - only France & Spain (Barcelona <3) so far, but I plan on taking a year out in Japan at uni! How about you? Where've you been to? =D

Do you like The Mighty Boosh (you said you liked live comedy)? I'm gonna go see them in december =D

Burton is great, right? I love NBC, Sweeney Todd, Corpse Bride - maybe not the batman stuff so much though!

Anyway welcome =]

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:51 am
rubberduck says...

Hey there.

Welcome to YWS! :)

I'm sure you'll have a great time here! What genres do you write?

Ah yes. Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section.
It'll help you answer any questions you have about this site.

I haven't been to London in years! It's really great that you live there. You're one lucky person! :D

If you need any help, feel free to PM me. I'll try my best to help ya!

Seeya 'round, Tally!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:10 am
Jon says...

hey welcome tally!, you'll find that YWS is a really fantastic site and you will grow to love it, also you can expand your writing skills here too.

if you have any questions just pm me

---Jon--- :D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

12 Reviews

Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:18 am
Tally says...

*Waves to everyone*
Thanks for the welcome guys!
I shall definitely be reading up on the Rules & Guides etc. before I get reviewing & posting!

Sofie - I'm not too fussy with my music ... actually yes I guess I am aha. indie rock is mainly what I tend to be into :) Going to Reading Fest. this summer which should be pretty amazing! :D

Demeter - Yay Britain! haha. & argh Lion King is totally immense isn't it? The music & the costumes & everything about that show is so fantastic. & hmm, my favorite places out of those I've been to have to be Salzburg & Venice. Salzburg at Xmas <3 uh, you just can't beat it. I would love to go to Africa/Moscow/New York/Thailand/Anywhere else I haven't been :) I'll hopefully get round them at some stage :D

Ruth - Wow Japan! I'd love to go there! There's so many places I'd love to go to lmao. & yay for The Mighty Boosh :D Noel Fielding is a genius <3 gotta' love a bit of crimping :D & also, yeah Sweeney Todd = love. That is now my favorite film of all time. It has everything I could ever ask for in a film (including Johnny D :P)

Thanks again for all the offers with PMs & help & such guys!
eee, can't wait to get posting!
speak to you all soon :)
"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words." - Orwell, 1984.

icon by
[url=http://berauscht.livejournal.com/7074.html]cherry blossoms
[/url]

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:30 am
sofi says...

omg your going to reading?!!? aaahhh im so jelous!
i spent about 3 days convincing my mum to let me go and then she finally said yes but the tickets were too expensive and my mum said i have to pay myself i didnt have enough :(
so im goin to t4 on the beach instead which is cheaper :D
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

12 Reviews

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:49 pm
Tally says...

sofi wrote:omg your going to reading?!!? aaahhh im so jelous!
i spent about 3 days convincing my mum to let me go and then she finally said yes but the tickets were too expensive and my mum said i have to pay myself i didnt have enough :(
so im goin to t4 on the beach instead which is cheaper :D

lol, I was lucky in that my parents helped me out with the money situation, but t4 on the beach will still be good! I really hope the flippin' rain goes away before the remaining festivals because I can just imagine watching my tent floating away into the distance while i stand knee deep in mud aha. But anyway yeah I'm really excited :D
"It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words." - Orwell, 1984.

icon by
[url=http://berauscht.livejournal.com/7074.html]cherry blossoms
[/url]

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:21 pm
Demeter says...

Ah, yes, that's what it is – immense.

Oh, I'd love to go to Salzburg, because The Sound of Music, another one of my favourites, was filmed there! Have you seen it? It's been my favourite almost as long as the Lion King movie – ever since I was five. :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

A memorandum isn't written to inform the receiver, but to protect the writer.
— Dean Acheson