z

Young Writers Society

Simmy says "Hi!"

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:01 pm
simmy90 says...

Hey dudes, just wanted to letcha know that I'm new here - though you probably would've guessed because for one: I'm posting in this thread introducing myself and for another: I haven't posted any stories or reviews, yet. Anyhow, I'm eighteen years-old, got into reading and writing when I was eight (when Harry Potter first came to the U.S.) and have been hooked with learning new styles and new books ever since. Fascinating really, how just one woman can make the difference in millions of people lives (at any age) and is almost entirely responsible for the literacy of millions of the world's children. I mean all that in the best way imaginable! It just goes to show you women are capable and intelligent and witty and every other good word known to man!

J.K. Rowling is a goddess, I am a mere mortal; therefore, I bow down.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:21 pm
Layleun says...

Welcome to YWS Simmy! I'm Lupe, one of the Greeters here. Basically one of my jobs is to say hey to all the newbies. We also should help them out a bit and get them started. I really like J.K. Rowling too. Fantasy is my favorite genre and my weak spot :P

You may have noticed the colored names here. We get a lot of questions about that so I'll tell you straight off.

Dark Blue: Regular members (You guys)

Light Blue: Greeters (Me, we help the newbies)

Purple: Instructors (These guys are the ones to go to when you need help with writing or critiques)

Light Green: Jr. Moderators (Mods in training)

Dark Green: Moderators (They help run the site and keep the boards clean)

Red: Admins (Creators and up keepers)

Orange: Distinguished Members (They used to be Mods or Admins but they had to quit)

The rules and announcements are here. I suggest you check them out. Also I'd like to tell you that there is a rule that you must have two good critiques in for each story that you post.

If you have an questions PM me or one of the colored members. There are other members that are older and don't have a color. They will also happily answer all your questions.

Welcome to the family,
Lupe

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome to YWS! Yep, I love Harry Potter too. Although as a kid, I resisted reading it for a while because I didn't want to read the same stuff as everyone else.

Anyway, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 87
Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:54 am
gymnast_789 says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS!

I'm gymnast_789, but most people around here call me gymnast for short. I love J.K. Rowling also! She was a big insperation for me too.

Well anyways, if you have any questions or need anything critiqued feel free to PM me! I hope you enjoy it here! See you around!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:05 am
Demeter says...

Hey there, Simmy!

Welcome to YWS! Yeah, J.K. Rowling is adorable, isn't she? I often think how it's so curious that all of the books came from her head. Authors are really something to look up to as I really would love to be one of them someday.

Because I'm a Greeter as well, I'm going to remind of the rules, but as Layleun has already done it, I will be short. Remember to read the rules. :) And before you post your own stuff, please do at least two reviews. Then you'll be fine.

See you around and PM if there are problems!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:12 pm
Sapphire says...

Welcome to the site!

I love J. K. Rowling and Harry Potter as well. And your avatar!

You've already had the rules pointed out so I'll just say hope you like it here! When you do post your work, just let me know if you want a review or anything. Feel free to send me a PM whenever.

:)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:59 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

If you need anything, or feel like you need a friend, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:18 pm
Kyuubi says...

Hola and welcome to gratest site in the world. We all, obviously, love writing and reading. That being the case, the site offers many forums for you to enjoy such as Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romantic Fiction, etc. We also have a unique forum I've never seen anywhere else: Storybooks. They're roleplaying stories. Many people like them. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. I'll help as best I can.
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:10 am
Jon says...

hey welcome simmy!, you'll find that YWS is a really fantastic site and you will grow to love it, also you can expand your writing skills here too.

if you have any questions just pm me

---Jon--- :D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes