z

Young Writers Society

oh god D:

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 am
x-Jett-x says...

so hey!
i'm here because... well because the pleasent welcome message told me to.. but thats beside the point.
urmm, i like writing.. well, most Fantasy, but i like trying new things, ive dabbled in (bad) poetry, and i'm an old hand and RP :wink:
I'm 16, nearly 17... whats the avaerage age here?
well it doesnt matter, i have the mental age of about 10 anyway ;P
urmm...
thats about it.

:D

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:10 am
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!!

Don't worry about your age - we vary from about 12 to 22. I'm not sure what the average age is but I think it's probably about 16? Don't quote me on that, though.

If you haven't already then you may want to check out the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu. Especially the rules.

If you have any questions then feel free to pm me - I'm happy to help you out.

All the best and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:11 pm
Sapphire says...

Hi, Jett, and welcome!

You've already had the Help tab pointed out, so that should answer any question you can think of! Remember to keep your review to work ratio 2:1 and not to use chatspeak.

I think the age range goes up to 25 actually but I'd agree that the average seems to be 16.

Feel free to send me a message if you need help or a review.

Sapphire
:)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:44 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey Jett!!!!!!!!!!!! So wicked awesome to see you here dear:)

There's so much wonderful stuff here you're sure to enjoy. There are all kinds of forums where you can seek out writing help, such as the Writer's Corner, and we have contests, we have our own E-zine Squills, and, since you like RP, you might want to check out our Storybooks. You can find them in the Writing section. Not to mention, the fabulously helpful reviews you'll get on your writing. I'm sure everyone here can say that their writing has improved somewhat since they came here. I know mine has.

Speaking of reviews/critiques, if there's ever anything in particular you want reviewed, send me a PM! I'd be glad to help. And of course, if you have any questions about the site or need someone to tell you you're not insane, let me know:)

Have fun checking everything out and, again, welcome!!!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:28 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Welcome Newcomer! How are you? I'm Brooke aka blacktiger! I'm here if you need a friend or need some questions to be answered. Have a great time here and I look foward to reading some of your works! Best wishes and good luck. Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:11 am
Kyuubi says...

Hola, hello, and bonjour! Welcome to YWS. It's really fun here. Check out the storybooks and the many other forums here. I think you'll like them. So if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:51 am
Jay says...

Hi, welcome to YWS! I'm new here too :)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:51 am
.:Echelon:. says...

Hey Welcome to YWS Jett, So else are you into besides writing??

I'm XxXSerenityStillXxX or Rebbecca,

Call me what you want,

Luv
Rebbecca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:46 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Hola!

Welcome. No worries about the mental age thing, you're only as old as you feel. Most people on this site are between 13 and 19, though we do have a lot (I think) of members who are older, and we still love them. ^_^

lol. I love fantasy, though recently I've realized I am a super sap and actually am very hooked on romantic ficiton. >.< I used to write poetry, nothing terribly good though. You could definitely post some of yours and our helpful members will give you tips on how to improve. :wink:

We look forward to seeing you around! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a crit or need a friend.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:57 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! Looks like you've got the rules rundown already and a ton of welcomes, so I'll just add my gift to the pile and run (I've got a bunch to catch up on after being gone for three days):D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
Last edited by niteowl on Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:29 am
Snoink says...

I thought the average age was in the twenties, but I think that's because we have some old fogies in the mix somewhere. Like Nate, our awesome admin. But never mind that!

Hope you like it here! You're going to want to check out our Storybooks forum, if you haven't already done so. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:32 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to the Young Writers Society!!

Okay, first of all, please read the rules and the FAQs to help you out a bit. We a rule which indicates that you have to make two reviews first before posting any of your works. We are very strict about this rule and as well as the other rules so please do not break them!

If you have any further concerns/questions, feel free to PM me!!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:03 am
Demeter says...

Hey there, Jett!

Welcome to YWS! How's it going? What do you like YWS so far, seeing you've been a member for a few days now? Hopefully you're not very scared :D You can't praise YWS enough, so I'm not going to even start it!

Well, I don't know what I would say anymore – you've been notified of the rules etcetera and I've already welcome you, so... I guess this is it. Have fun and enjoy the site the best you can! PM me if you want to ask something!

See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:23 am
andimlovegalore says...

Hey =] welcome to the comm. Nice to meet you, I'm Ruth.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:50 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to YWS

if you need anything, feel free to pm me
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
— Winston Churchill