z

Young Writers Society

Your friendly neighborhood Slammoth.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:56 pm
Slammoth says...

So, a bit about me... My real name's Iiro (Pronounced Ee-ro, NOT eye-row), and I'm Finnish. Just about to reach adulthood, aka 18 years... On the 16th of July. Not too many days to go until I can get wasted all legally. Yay. Living in the southern part of Finland, in the fresh countryside air. Space and nature, yay!

Bet you're wondering, "Slammoth??? What's up with that nick?!", huh? Well. I hate moths, first off. The things grill themselves in my lamp, resulting in a mess. Ick. I was chasing one to kill it dead just as I was subscribing, so... Well, there you go. Yeah it's very random, but that's me. I'm a slammin' mammoth moth now, wooh.

Besides being hyperactive when on forums, I enjoy listening to happy fun metal of death. Stuff like Children of Bodom, Norther, In Flames, Cradle of Filth. The majority of my music being screamy doom of raa won't stop me from liking Tori Amos too though.

When it comes to literature, I mostly read mainstream fantasy, as horrid as it may be. From R.A. Salvatore's works through David Eddings, from Dragonlance, The Dragonriders of Pern to Paolini's Eragon - And I think they influence my works somewhat, both in good and in bad. When it's not fantasy, it's either biology for school or philosophy for fun. Working on the Count of Monte Cristo now though, a wind of change in my literary world.

I also play the guitar. Not too well, and just to amuse myself - Not in a band or anything. Been at it for a few years now though. And play RPG's, MMO or otherwise! Final Fantasy series, WoW, Baldur's Gate - Everything goes.

Right, that's enough rambling from me. If you're not afraid of brain damage, you may find a pic of me in my profile page... I refuse to be held responsible for any injury the act of looking at it might inflict on your person though!
Art is not about thinking something up. It is the opposite -- getting something down.
~Julia Cameron

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:21 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Random Tori Amos mention hurray! Do you like Nightwish? My boyfriend has the same music taste as you (blahblahblah epicrockmetal lol). I think they're actually Finnish too..

I like your random username story ^_~ my reason is much more boring.

Hurray for FF <3 I've had this conversation so many times now! Which one's your favourite?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:44 pm
Slammoth says...

Nightwish is good, as are their 'rivals' After Forever and Within Temptation. And mind you, I'm only 95% metal... There's 5% devoted to pretty much everything else. Mellow stuff (Like Tori Amos), classical, tranceish stuff, what have you. And I'm not surprised if he's mentioned Finland... Nightwish = Indeed Finnish, and everyone knows most good stuff from the metal scene comes from the North. :)

Username is random, yes. I am random. Look, behind you! A spoon! Kill it quick before it has time to multiply!

Final Fantasy, hurr. I'm not exactly a devotee, and I haven't checked out any of the newer pieces to be honest - But I'm very fond of the old ones! :D Especially 5. First and only one I actually beat.
Art is not about thinking something up. It is the opposite -- getting something down.
~Julia Cameron

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:28 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Yeah I've heard all good metal comes from the north =]

I've never played below 6, because they never came out over here below that. You should play the new ones! Really. Everyone raves about 7, but 8 is the best ^_~ xx

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault