z

Young Writers Society

Some Things About Me

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:20 pm
andimlovegalore says...

My name is Ruth. My username andimlovegalore is And I'm Love Galore and it comes from the song Day 7 by The Notwist.

I'm 17 and in Sept. 08 I'll be going into yr 13 (that's English years), the last year before uni. I live in Liverpool, UK - for ages that's been the most run down and awful city in England, but we have money now from Capital of Culture 08 to improve some of our stuff. I feel sad that I'll be leaving for uni just when it's not so bad.

I took History, General Studies, English Lit, French & Spanish for AS, and next year I'll drop History.

That's all boring =]

I love music - alternative/indie music. I have a last.fm account http://last.fm/user/NobleScarlet where you can see everything I listen to, but I'll list the top few.
- Tori Amos
- Rilo Kiley
- Metric
- Mindless Self Indulgence
- Rasputina
- Laura Marling
- Nobuo Uematsu
- Einaudi
- Sia
- Blonde Redhead
- Regina Spektor

Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels are my favourite things to read, but I also like Jim Butcher's Dresden Files and books by Neil Gaiman. I have a few random favourites, like Jurassic Park, Vurt, Chocolat, The Crimson Petal and the White, Lian Hearn's Tales or the Otori, Artemic Fowl.

I like anime/manga too =] Death Note, Gravitation, Slayers, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Gundam Wing, Tenchi Muyo, Cowboy Bebop, Spirited Away, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke.

On TV I watch CSI, Law & Order, Dr Who, ER and House MD.

I play video games! Final Fantasy <3 my favourite for sure. I've also played games like Zack and Wiki, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 4, Monkey Island, Broken Sword, Grim Fandango.

Random Facts
I' a vegan
I drink diet pepsi and coffee all the time (Starbucks addict)
I can code HTML and CSS
I'm ginger with blue eyes (sunburn anyone?)
I have 2 cats & a dog
I'm a lucky slacker, I get good grades but have bad attendence.
I'm shy and weird around people
I have a boyfriend

I think that'll do, that's already more than anyone would ever want to know about me ^_~

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:14 am
Clo says...

We have similiar tastes in music! I love Tori Amos, Regina Spektor, Rilo Kiley and Nobuo Uematsu. My favorite Tori album is Under the Pink. And I have FF soundtracks 7-10! Uematsu floods my iTunes.

I'm a major FF nut too obviously. HIGH-FIVE! What's your favorite?
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:22 am
andimlovegalore says...

clograbby wrote:I'm a major FF nut too obviously. HIGH-FIVE! What's your favorite?

I like Choirgirl by Tori <3 all that lovely weirdness.
My first FF was VIII and so that's my fave - I think everyone likes the one they played first. I LOVED XII as well though, I thought the new battle system ws a good move. How about you?

I have a lot of the OSTs as well, Nobuo Uematsu = genious.

402 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:08 pm
Clo says...

Aw, see, I didn't really like Choirgirl. It was also the last thing I got from her though, so the very fact that it sounded different from her other stuff put me off.

My first was FFVII, so naturally it's my favorite. I was real young too, it was around when it first came out. Good memories. :D

I absolutely love FFVIII too! It was the second I played, though I've played them all now, and I love, love the storyline. Took me forever to beat this one though. And even though XII had a really lame character and plot, I have to admit, I'm with you with the battle system. I thought that was the sweetest thing, it made me love the game, though the rest of my family didn't. It was all strategy, which I love, and the battles went so much faster.
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:32 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hehe yeah the plot line of XII was a bit lame - Star Warsy right? I think my least favourite is IX because it just takes so long to get anything done in that game, I got impatient with it.

Have you played Kingdom Hearts as well?

You should try Scarlet's Walk if you liked her older stuff better than Choirgirl style. Scarlet's Walk is much more lush than her old stuff, but it's sweet and pretty in the same way.

402 Reviews

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:00 pm
Clo says...

I did like some songs of Choirgirl. Like "Jackie's Strength" and most definitely "Playboy Mommy". That one sounded like something off the Beekeeper.

I've played Kingdom Hearts, but sometimes I feel like the only one in the world who didn't like it. :<
I wanted more FF, and the battle system wasn't really my thing. That's just me though. :oops:

Thank you for the recommendation! I heard that cd was reallllly good.
How am I not myself?

they say money can't buy happiness, but what they don't realize is that money *can* buy novelty socks.
— blueca