z

Young Writers Society

Hello, hello! :D

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:17 pm
Nicolette says...

Well, hi everyone! My name is Nicolette but ever since Junior high people called me "Nicotine". It kind of stuck. :)

Lesse, I'm 18 years old. I start college in the fall as a sophomore, and I'll be double majoring in Political Science and Chinese Studies.

I stumbled across this site because I wanted a place to post my work and get feedback. I've been writing for quite some time, since around 3rd grade, but this summer I've written a ton of poetry and prose that I'd like to share. I'm also working on a novel. Mostly, I write and read anything in the romance, historical, mystery, or drama genres; I like reading and writing things that have to do with everyday life. I generally dislike fantasy or sci-fi stories.

Hopefully I'll feel at home here, *waves to everybody*. :o

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:46 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

*waves back*

Hiya!

I'm sure you'll feel right at home here. We have forums for poetry and for all types of fiction (and non-fiction). Most people give really good feedback, so I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. ^_^

Just remember to do two reviews for every one piece you put up for review; it's not only a way of thanking the community but also a good way of getting reviews, since people appreciate feedback.

=P You're nick name reminds me of mine. My name's Akilah, but the first thing everyone notices is that it sounds a lot like Tequila. XD

I hope you like it here!

PM me anytime if you need a critique (though I will admit I am not so good with poetry or anything that's not fantasy. >.<) or have questions.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:27 pm
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

If you want more info on the site then check out the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu - it's very helpful. Always feel free to pm me for anything - crit, chat, help.

Political science and Chinese studies? That sounds both interesting and hard.

All the best with your writing and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:18 pm
Shine says...

Hi Nicolette!*waves*

Welcome to YWS!
This is just the perfect site you got.

Chinese studies?Thats interesting,isn't it?

Keep posting and reveiwing others work.

See you around.

~Shine~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:42 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

I like your name.

if you need anything or feel like you need a friend, feel free to pm me.

ps. what type of genre do you write?
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:12 am
rubberduck says...

Hi there, Nicolette!

Welcome to YWS! ^^

Here is YWS, we've got a little rule that states you have to give 2 reviews for every story you post, so be sure to keep that in mind! :)

You should also read 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section. It'll help a lot. ^^

Well then, feel free to PM me if you need any help or just want a critique! I'm not that fantastic at reviewing people's work, but I'll try my best! ^^
Haha.

Seeya!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Nicolette!!

Welcome to the very AWESOME Young Writers Society!!

As you have been informed, YWS is an AWESOME site!! So before lurking into the AWESOMENESS, read the rules and the FAQs first. It'll help you out. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your works. We are very strict about this rule as well as the other rules so please be in knowledge of them and please do not break them.

If you have any further questions/concerns or if simply you want to share any AWESOMENESS that you have found, feel free to PM me anytime.

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

9 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:42 pm
Nicolette says...

Thanks a lot for the welcome everyone!

Night Mistress wrote:
ps. what type of genre do you write?

Well, most of the time I write stories in the romance, historical, drama, or just everyday life genres. My poetry is way more diverse. :D

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:51 pm
Emerson says...

oooh we have things in common. Hello! And welcome to YWS.

I'll be redundant and say that if you have any questions or need help finding your way around the site, you can go ahead and PM me and I will answer! I'm great like that - most of the time.

Your majors sound really great. You'll have to tell me how your poli sci class is. Are you thinking of going into civil service through foreign work, or translating? I'm thinking of doing that, although I want to avoid poli sci for some reason, haha. I'm not so sure I would like it. Instead, I'm attacking it through languages; I already know French rather well, I'm learning German, and I want to learn Russian, Chinese, and Arabic (these last three being important languages now). Working at an embassy would be so much fun! Er, I hope I am not rambling your ear off.

What is your novel about and which genre? Again, you sound like me! Anything but fantasy, haha. Oooh and you write poetry. I'm excited to learn more about you, for certain! Please hang around - I can tell I'll like you! Not to be creepy. ^^,

Enjoy the site!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:03 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

hello and welcome to yws, pm me for any help
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

9 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 pm
Nicolette says...

Thanks again for welcoming me~! :D

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office