z

Young Writers Society

Paradox says *hi*

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:44 am
Paradox Revealed says...

Hello. I'm new and have never been on forums before until today. :?

What am I supposed to say here.... Well, you can call me Paradox or even Ara (the name of one of my characters in a book I'm writing).

I love to read and write sci-fi/fantasy, almost never realistic fiction. When I write stories it's not high school drama, but (for example) something taking place in a medieval science fiction parallel world where machines are powered by the potential of mirrors to reflect infinate images (called reflection engines). Another example is a story about a Kim Possible type hero (Avacia Ferris - A.K.A. The Silver Rose) living in a retro-futuristic/alternate history parallel world in 1920 where NYC has been replaced by New New York, there have been 3 world wars in the 1800s, and people live on the moon (a former US colony). I also like to draw my characters.

Things you find in my writing: Parallel universes, powers, many planets, alternate histories, guardians, portals, and epic stories.

I have a bad habit... I almost never finish anything I start writing, maybe 5%. Help?

Books I'm Writing:

Right now the plot details are secret... :wink:

Return to Kandalinga - 107 pages so far.
Paradox Revealed - 80 pages so far.

I also like website design and making graphics. My favorite color is a lightish indigo. Unexplained things interest me. :shock:

*Paradox*
Read my webcomic, Pandaemonium: http://pandaemonium.smackjeeves.com/

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:00 am
rubberduck says...

Hey there, Ara!

Welcome to YWS! :)

Unexplained things interest you? Haha. You really remind me of my best friend.
You both draw your characters too.
Haha.

Anyway, here in YWS, we've got a rule that states that we have to give 2 reviews for every one story you post. :D
Keep that in mind, alright? ^^
Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in 'Help and Support'. :)

You write fantasy? Well, so do I! ^^
Be sure to PM me when you post a fantasy story.
I'd love to read it!

Oh. You can PM me if you need any help too! :D

Well then,
seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:38 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hey welcome =D I like scifi/AU sort of fiction too, that's kind of what I wrote.
Even if you don't finish, at least you write a lot! I find it hard to churn out that many pages, seriously.
I like web design as well! Do you have a website? Mine's http://noblescarlet.awardspace.co.uk ^_^ xx

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:46 pm
Twit says...

Unexplained things interest me.

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:06 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome to YWS!

^_^ You sound like a very interesting person. Your have some pretty cool ideas for your writing too. =P Hopefully you'll share some of it with us!

I think you'll like YWS a lot. Just remember that for every one piece you post, you need to review two others.

If you have any questions or need a review, PM me anytime!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:44 am
niteowl says...

Hi Paradox! Good luck on finishing those novels. I have the same problem. Which is why I stick to writing poems these days...But anyway, you still need a gift. So here it is: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
Last edited by niteowl on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:04 am
Paradox Revealed says...

andimlovegalore wrote:Do you have a website? Mine's http://noblescarlet.awardspace.co.uk ^_^ xx

I love your site!

And yes, I have a website. It's called All-in-one Web.

http://www.geocities.com/webpainter_one/

*Deeply under construction* But eventually it will have a massive section called "The Multiverse" for me to post all my stories.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the 107 page novel... I haven't worked on it for months and I started it over a year ago... and what I have stinks. But I think the idea is good. RTK involves Atlantis, people living on the moon, time travel, revenge, energy being shapeshifters (the mer), twins, and royalty.

The 80 page novel is from NaNoWriMo, which I never finished. But it's even weirder than RTK. It has parallel universes, worlds unraveling, interdimensional guardians, a crack in the universe, a girl with the "Powers of Paradox" (she can do the impossible, literally), a lost underground civilization called Eridyn (under NYC), corrupt emperors, black holes, and hypercubes. Somehow this all fits together.

I'm going to post some of the novels and info about them on my website, but I haven't worked on it in a while and there's almost nothing up yet. I guess I have a lot of work to do...

Some of my digital art is on my site:

Aia - Interdimensional Guardian of Energy - http://www.geocities.com/webpainter_one/aia.jpg
A Sketch (with mouse) - http://www.geocities.com/webpainter_one/sketch1.gif

*Paradox*
Read my webcomic, Pandaemonium: http://pandaemonium.smackjeeves.com/

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:33 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

hello and welcome to yws, pm me for any help
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:20 pm
BigBadBear says...

Dude. You. Are. My. Hero.

Your stories sound in-cred-i-ble! Wow! I seriously can't wait to read them. I've never been one to read a whole bunch of fantasy, but I think I'll do it for you. Everything sounds so well planned out, it's so irresistible!

[/end praises]

Welcome to YWS! I'm BigBadBear, BBB, 3B, B^3, Jared or Jare-Bear, or any combination thereof.

I know that you'll just love this site. It's like a drug, YWS is. It's the only legal, addicting drug for underaged kids!

*cough*

Anyway, if you need help or anything, please just give me a... a... crap. What was I gonna say? Oh yeah! Give me a PM! There we go. PMs are private messages. :)

Well, I'll see you around!

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:42 pm
Slammoth says...

Hi there!

You strike me as a good writer, and I haven't even read any of your works yet! And you've done -so many pages- already! Smashing ideas. A fellow fantasy 'author' here! *Waves*

I had a plot going with guardians and portals too at one point, but I scrapped it because I couldn't write it in a way that didn't make readers want to set the prose and the author on fire. How about you cover that front! I'll be waiting for your works to pop up on the forumsies here!
Art is not about thinking something up. It is the opposite -- getting something down.
~Julia Cameron

Reviews: 3
Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:20 pm
writergirl94 says...

Hi Paradox!

Yay, another sci-fi fan! I love sci-fi/fantasy too. I can't wait to read some of your stuff, and from what you said, it sounds awesome! :D

Don't worry, I have the exact same problem with my writing, although it's probably worse than yours. I think I might have undiagnosed ADD or something :? ...

Anyway, welcome to the YWS forums!!

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:38 pm
Gahks says...

Hey Paradox!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you!

So you design websites, eh? I think I need one myself... could you help? (joke.) Me, I enjoy cycling, badminton, modern languages and public speaking.

You're a sci-fi writer? I tend to write crime, but I know for a fact that there are tonnes of SF and fantasy people on this site; you'll have a lot of company!

Enjoy the site. It's way cool!

See you around!

Gahks :D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:14 am
Demeter says...

Hey and welcome!

Both you and your stories sound really interesting! I can't really write fantasy myself (at least I think so) so I always adore the people who can. Well, I tried once, but it was more ridiculous than readable ;)

You have been reminded of the rules, so I won't be going there for now. Just – remember to read them if you already haven't :)

I have the same problem than you, at least usually. It's annoying, but we'll get over it. Luckily we're amongst hundreds of writers who know what they do and can help us!

So, enjoy the site, and PM me if there are any problems whatsoever! (<-- my favourite word :D)

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:15 pm
Lynlyn says...

TL G-Wooster wrote:
Unexplained things interest me.

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Poe wrote on both.

Welcome to YWS! Like pretty much everyone else has said, the fact that you've actually written that much is pretty impressive. I think that most of us (like myself) aren't quite as prolific. I would really love to read your stuff - let me know if you post any of it, and I'll review it if you click the little link in my siggy (it goes to my request-a-review thread). Fantasy is my weakness. I inhale it.
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:46 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to YWS,

if you need anything, feel free to pm me
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor