z

Young Writers Society

Hi thar.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:26 pm
Slammoth says...

Um. Hello!

So I stumbled into your little community here and, well. I like what I'm seeing. The other day I decided to take a deep breath and get all those notes and ideas that have been playing in my head (and little text files, and notebooks, and-) together into something that resembles a fantasy novel... And I thought, I'll need feedback once I get this thing off its feet...

So... Here I am! *Waves frantically*

I'll probably spend the time reviewing away for starters though, I've nothing to show you guys - Yet. Good thing "review before you post your stuff" seems to be the custom here anyway.

Looking forward to getting to know you all. Well, at least some of you! :D
Art is not about thinking something up. It is the opposite -- getting something down.
~Julia Cameron

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:36 pm
Adnamarine says...

*waves frantically back* Hi!!!!!!!!! and welcome!!!

I see you've done a bit of homework, a.k.a. "Good thing 'review before you post your stuff' seems to be the custom here anyway". Lovely. You probably aren't in need of much assistance then, yet.

Good luck on your novel! I've tried it myself more than once, but I don't have the persistence. Maybe I'm just not cut out for it. But I hope it goes well for you, and I'm very excited to read when you have some things for us. In the meantime, however, there are plenty of little spots where you can ask vague questions to get some advice, and do a little venting now and then if necessary:)

I do look forward to getting to know you as well -- I really like the quote in your signature, by the way. Very true.

Anyway, have fun getting to know the site. You'll love it, I know:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:41 pm
Slammoth says...

Whut? A swift reply? Niice.

Thanks for the warm welcome, I guess I'll just have to stay awhile now. Too bad for the forum, mwa-ha. You've no idea what you invited in, do yah?

And yes, my signature Quoted for the Truth, as they say...

Cheers!
Art is not about thinking something up. It is the opposite -- getting something down.
~Julia Cameron

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:47 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

You're right about our review before you post policy. The rule is everyone must post 2 reviews for every work they submit. ^_^ So if you go ahead and review a bunch, you won't have to worry later when you're novel's under way.

=P You talking about your notes and jotted down ideas reminds me of myself. ^_^ I have so many random files around I don't know what to do with them. Good luck!

PM me if you have any questions or if you have something you need a critique on. :D

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:42 am
Kyuubi says...

Hola and welcome to our jolly clan here. The review before you post thingamy is a nice thing, isn't it? Anywho, I just wanted to be part of the greeters that welcomed you here. It makes me feel like I'm a greeter at Wal*Mart. So if you have any questions, just PM me and I'll get back to you.

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:55 am
Demeter says...

Hey there, fresh meat! Haha.

One piece of warm welcome coming up! Hey, wait a minute... "Little" community? You might want to take that back or else...

Haha :D I'm Demeter. How do you do?. It's a lovely day, isn't it? (Well, it isn't.)

Now I'm rambling. I like that, but you may not, so I'll stop now. Good luck with your novel, by the way – I look forward to get to know you and your work!

So read the rules, have fun, etc. etc. etc. And PM me if there's anything you want to ask!

See you around,

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:36 am
rubberduck says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS! :)

My name's Max and you can count on me to help you in any way I can.

You're writing a fantasy novel? (It resembles one... Let's count it as one then. :D)

Cool. May I have the honour of being the first to read it? Haha. Nah, just kidding. ^^

Well, if you need any help with it, I'd be glad to help!

Seeya 'round!
-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:53 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hi! Welcome! I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. Glad to meet you. Feel free to ask me questions or PM me (I have nothing to do anyway) and I'll to happy to be of service. Good luck on your novel and hope to see you around more! Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:45 pm
moosiegirl says...

HAYYYYYY!! * air tackle hug* Kaa now that's over with. Welcome to YWS! Yes, as the other greeters have emphasized, reviewing before writing your own work is what's best :) Welcome and PM me if you need any help!
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:46 am
niteowl says...

Welcome Slammoth! Good luck with that fantasy novel! *thinks of her own pathetic attempts and cringes*

Anyway, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly