z

Young Writers Society

Hi, I'm new.

Reviews: 3
Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:18 am
musicqueen3 says...

I'm Marika, I live in Tennessee, and I've been writing since I was five or so...

I just discovered this site, and it got me excited. I've been looking for an online community like this for quite some time!

I've just finished my first novel, and I would tell you the title but I have yet to name it. (The title is extremely important to me so I have to put a lot of thought into it.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to posting and reviewing stories and such! So....yep!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:14 am
Demeter says...

Hello there, Marika!

Welcome to YWS! It's nice that you've found your way here :) I'm Demeter *holds hand out* (well, it's quite obvious, isn't it?)

I'm 99,999999% sure you'll absolutely fall in love with the site! This is really many-sided; you can read, review, chat, post pictures, hang around, help others, recieve help from others, improve your skills... I've been a member for about three months, and I've already gotten hooked. Well, actually I was hooked in the first day, I think :D

As I'm obviously posting the first reply, I'll remind you that we have a rule that you must post at least two reviews toward every piece of your own. (And when you've done 25 reviews, you'll get to attend the chat!) That way, you won't just use YWS for your own good :) You also earn points and stars by reviewing. This and lots of other helpful things you'll find in the Help and Support section.

Well, welcome again and have fun looking around the site! If you have anything to ask, you can PM me anytime!

See you around,

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:28 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Marika! Congratulations on finishing your novel! I'm so bad at finishing things it's not even funny. Hence why I gave up story-writing long ago. Good luck with getting that perfect title!

Anyway, I second what Demeter said about the rules and such. Now you just need a gift.

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:33 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Welcome musicqueen! I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. I'm sort of a music lover too. I have been in the band since I can remember! I play the clarinet and trombone. But enough about me, what are your likes or dislikes and what do you like to do? Anyway, if you need questions to be answered or need a friend, have no fear! Blacktiger is here! Have a great time here and congrats on your novel! See you around. Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:29 pm
Alainna says...

'Ello there and welcome to YWS!! *hands out lollipops*

First off, if you're in need of any help with getting around the site I recommend checking out the info under the 'Help & Support' tab on the drop-down menu.
If there's anything that I can help you with - chat, crit, questions - then feel free to send a pm my way.

What music are you into? Books you like?

All the best and I hope you like it here as much as the rest of us do.

See you,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:19 pm
Tatra says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!! YWS is a great site, with a great community, I'm sure you'll get along fine. :D Another great site, by the creator of this one, is The Writers Society. TWS is for writers 18+, and is also a great community.

Have fun here at YWS, and check out TWS, and maybe have fun over there, as well. :D
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:00 pm
Adnamarine says...

Greetings Marika:)

Dear oh dear, you have a whole novel finished? *is jealous*:D I'm not convinced that's the kind of writing I'm cut out for, though I've tried it more than once. So good for you having the perseverence to keep going and finish it:) Good luck coming up with a good title (I'm not good at those either ;) )

I'm glad you're excited about the site; it's such a wonderful place. If you're not in love with it already when you read this, you soon will be. Everyone here is terrific. If you have any questions about anything, want advice, having some trouble finding your way around, anything at all, let me know!

Have fun getting to know the site, and the people:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

That, sir, is the most frightening battlefield in the world: the blank page.
— Larry McMurtry, Comanche Moon