z

Young Writers Society

Newww :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:46 am
modelx23 says...

Hi,, I'm Riley and I'm new here.

Someone told me about this site and it sounded fun so I thought I'd join. Hope you like the stories I post :)

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:51 am
rubberduck says...

Hi there, Riley.

Welcome to YWS!

Well, I'm sure you'll find that the people here are great! :)

Oh yeah. Be sure to read the rules and guides if you haven't already done so.^^

rules.php

(Here's the link.)

(Before the big guys say the stuff. Haha. =P)

Well then,
seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:10 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there Riley!!

Welcome to the AWESOME Young Writers Society!!

How are you? Feeling AWESOME I guess, eh? But anyway, first of all, don't forget to read the rules and the FAQs to help you out a bit. We also have a rule indicating that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your works. We are very strict about this rule as well as the other rules so please, please do not break them.

If you have any questions/concerns about anything, feel free to PM me.

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:15 am
Demeter says...

Hey, Riley!

Welcome to YWS, glad to have you here! I'm Demeter, one of the Greeters here (blue name).

Well, how's it going? Have you been writing for a long time or have you only discovered this great hobby, or should I say passion? :) Either way, I'm sure you will find this site so enjoyable you never want to leave! (read: addictive) :D

What's your favourite writing genre? Fantasy, poems, etc.? And what about your favourite author? Tell us more!

See you around! And remember to PM me if there are any problems!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:07 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hi, Riley!

Welcome to YWS. iF you have any trouble or you feel like you need a friend, feel free to Pm me.

What type of Stuff do you write?
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:59 pm
ASH1397 says...

WELcome toYWS!!!

My name is ASH and i am happy to see new faces around here so i like to welcome newcomers.

First i want to say find friends that really like what you write and go from there with your friendship...

But anyway good luck and enjoy your time while you are still on YWS and make friends!! :o :o :o :o

And always PM anyone who you think will make a good friend for you!!

-ASh1397
And just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:08 pm
Jon says...

hi riley, and welcome to YWS, this is a really great site that let's you be you and furthermore improve your writing skills. i hope, i know you will enjoy this site as i have in the past three weeks. so enjoy this site and begin to write and if you have any questions just pm me and i will be glad to help you in what ever you need! :D :D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:55 pm
Alainna says...

Ello there and welcome to YWS!!

Ah, everyone else has beaten me to the rules and guides info so I'll just say that if you ever need anything at all feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help you out.

So, what genre do you write? Books you enjoy?

And who recommended the site? We love it when the YWS prophecy is spread. :P

All the best and I hope you like it here,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:00 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey there, Riley! Lil' Sock here to greet you. First off, tell us what kind of stories you like to write? Horror? Adventure? The oh-so-popular romance? I see you mentioned nothing of poetry or photography, just story writing.

So you like to write stories. Fabulous. So let's explain the point system! You see, Nate made up this awesome "review twice, post once" rule (which I've seen you discovered) so people just don't post and post and post stories because they're the best writer in the world and nobody deserves a review but them. You see, when you post a story/poem/photograph, it's going to cost you 100 points. So the more work you post, the less points you're going to have, resulting in you not having any points left. The highest amount of points you can get for a review is 50, because we don't want spammers getting 1000 for copying and pasting "hi" twelve billion times.

There are only a couple of forums you can get points in, and that's this forum (the welcome forum), the literature forums, and pretty much any other forum that's dedicated to helping others.

So I read your story with the cute little moral, and I really enjoyed it. I hope you post more work up here on YWS, because we're happy to have you! If you need any help at all, or need some direction on how to get around the site, just PM me and I'll be more than happy to help!

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:01 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hi Riley! I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. Nice having you here. I'm here if you need anyting, like to be a friend or just need questions to be answered. I will look foward to reading your works. Best wishes. Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:51 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Riley and welcome to YWS! You've already gotten a billion responses so I'll just add to the welcome wagon and give you an uber-fantastic gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:18 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hi Riley! Welcome to the family. Whatever would we do without newbies to pick on?

Just kidding. Picking on people is severely frowned on in this establishment. Not that that stops us... No really, I'm just kidding. You don't have a think to worry about. Everyone here is extremely friendly and helpful.

Been writing for a long time, or is it a new hobby? Either way, what do you write mostly? Or are you a jack of all trades (and a master of none)? Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm honestly just kidding. I'd love to read your stuff. If there's ever anything particular you want reviews for, give me a shout and I'll come running.

See you around, and again, welcome!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)