z

Young Writers Society

Hello, I'm new here :)

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:21 am
Juniper says...

[b]Hello there![b]

My name is June (that's my pen-name) and I am new to this forum, so I would like to give an intro :).

Everyone can call me June, and I am 14. As a matter of fact, my birthday is today, the 29th (since it is after 12 am) so that makes me 15 now. :D . I would really love to be a part of this forum, and to be an active member.
I love writing, and that's why I am joining this forum. In case the question of where I found this comes up, I found it in a yahoo search. I have written a biography that I am currently awaiting approval for publication, as well as numerous poems that have been published in small contests across the net. I write biographies and memories most, but I also write fictional stories and novels. I write different types of poems, and have recently tried Haiku, which won me 1st place in a another contest on the net. So if there are any extra requirements for this forum, let me know and I'll try to meet them :D
Thanks!
June

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:26 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there June!!

Welcome to the very AWESOME Young Writers Society!!

Wow, another AWESOME person!! Long live the revolution!! Okay, first of all, before doing anything else, please read the rules and the FAQs to help you out a bit. We also have a rule that states you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your work. We are very strict about this rule and all of the rules so please, please do not break them.

Anyway, if you have any questions/concerns or if you simply wanna talk, feel free to PM(private message) me. I'd be glad to help and listen!!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!!

See ya around!!

~Captain Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:10 pm
Alainna says...

Hello there June and welcome to YWS!! *hands out party poppers*

As casey already pointed out the most important rules and advice, all I can say is pm me if you need anything else. The people with the light blue names are Greeters and we're here to help you with any initial questions.

Ah, I used to write the odd Haiku - most of them were rubbish but I did enjoy writing them.

And, Happy Birthday!! I hope you're having a great day.

All the best,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:20 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Hi, June! Welecome to YWS!

As the other greeters said, be sure to keep your ratio of reviews to pieces posted 2:1.

Sorry, I have to say that for my job. And now I speak normally.

A yahoo search? Neat.

Your almost a published author? Well, I don't see why you need us! Who was the biography about?

Poetry isn't really my cup of tea, but I do read some every now and then. My favorite poet is Robert Frost.

So, you do write fiction! YES! So, what genre do you write? Based on the other things you like, I assume historical fiction is at least part of the set, right?

Anyway, PM me or any other greeter if you have any questions.

WELECOME TO YWS!

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:10 pm
Adnamarine says...

Dost mine ears deceive me, or do we have quite an accomplished, experienced writer in our midst? That really is very impressive. I really look forward to seeing some of your works around here, and hopefully getting some feedback myself:)

There aren't a lot of particular requirements here. Mostly we want you to keep your reviews of other peoples works versus your own works posted at a 2:1 ratio. Apart from that, just watch out for chatspeak, don't spam, and be polite. Pretty straightforward:)

So it sounds like you might be interested in contests, and we do have a forum for contests here. I really suggest you check it out, and I'll even provide you with a link: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/forum38.html

Have fun checking everything else out. I'm sure you'll be a really wonderful addition to the family:D

Oh, and of course if you have any other questions, just let me, or anybody else know and we'll do everything we can for you?:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:31 am
niteowl says...

Wow, you wrote a biography? That's awesome. On who? Maybe your next biography should be about me. :P

HEY WHAT ABOUT ME? I'M THE ONE WHO GIVES THE GIFTS THAT YOU GET ALL THE CREDIT FOR, YOU KNOW!

:roll: That's Charlie, the 75-year-old cheesy announcer robot with a mind of his own. But he does announce the gifts. Care to bring one in for June, Charlie?

SURE THING, BOSS! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
Last edited by niteowl on Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:50 pm
Juniper says...

Thank you all so much for the welcome :) and the birthday wishes. The biography I wrote was actually on my sisters (not that they're interesting!) and my 72 cats ^_^. I entered an excerpt of it in a contest and they thought it was spifftastic (lol). They told me I should look into publishing, which I am doing now :D. And some say that I am a good writer, but who knows...they can just be trying to flatter me..
And I write ALL genres...fiction>fantasy fiction, realistic fiction, science fiction etc. I will look into to participating in your contests :D

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:08 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Wow, June! Aren't you accomplished? I'm jealous, I must say.

So you've got seventy billion poems that you want to try and post. Fabulous, awesome, great. But in case you don't know already (but you might, seeing how you have 6 reviews and 13 posts), there's a point system among us. You see, Nate created the "review twice, post once" rule so everybody won't post and post and post, resulting in everybody wondering, "Why isn't anybody reviewing my work?"

You see, you become 100 points poorer when you post a story/poem/photograph. But when you review or post on a forum like this (on forums dedicated to helping others), the highest amount of points you get for a post is 50 points. 50 times 2 is one hundred... Yeah. But you like to write novels too, huh? Let's introduce you to the Advanced Critiques forum.

The AC forum is a place where you can post bits and pieces of your novel and have people read everything, and review EVERYTHING. Awesome, right? You have to have 5000 words typed already though, and it's going to run you 500 points. It would also be helpful if you did a few advance critiques yourself.

So anyway, good luck with everything! We're really happy to have you on this website, and I hope you have a great time!

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm
Demeter says...

Hi, June!

Warm welcomes from tired me, Demeter/D/Dem/Demi etcetera! I must say, based on your messages, I really look forward to getting to know you and your work. I hope you'll PM me when you post some. Oh, and happy birthday, too! Even though I'm late with the wishes, but anyway. I don't think that's a problem :)

I'm jealous. You've won so many contests, and you're almost publishing? I'm sooo jealous, hehe. But that only makes me try harder. You're really an inspiration! :D I am sure you really are a good writer. Hopefully you can share some of your secrets with us. ;)

72 cats? You just keep surprising me. I have only two. Where in the world you can keep that many pets? (Answer: ta-dah! USA! But where?)

Well, anyway, let's all hope you find this site enjoyable. PM me if you have any questions!

Love,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox