z

Young Writers Society

Hello, everybody!

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:24 pm
Zaikea says...

Hey there! My name is Alexa, but feel free to call me Zaikea if you like. I'm sixteen years old and I love to write. I'm mostly into writing science fiction and fantasy, but occasionally I do dabble in other genres. I also enjoy writing poetry when the mood is right.

This site looks friendly and full of information, which is what made me join and post. However, since posting on the internet counts as a publication, I probably won't be posting much of my work as I'd like to be able to offer my future publisher first serial rights. Although perhaps I will publish some writings just to show off what I can do and get advice on how to improve.

So of course now I probably sound snobby- it's not that I don't want to share my work, I do, but I'd like to be able to sell it in the future. I will be sure to do my best to help other writers improve should I feel I can contribute advice.

Thank you for stopping by to read my introduction!

~Zaikea
"It is also a rule, to suffer for the sake of love." ~From D•N•Angel

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:44 pm
Sinkingtooslow says...

Hello there, Alexa.
I'm pretty (re)new here myself, but welcome. :) I hope you get something out of being here.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:16 pm
Medusa says...

I don't think thats necessarily how it works. Besides, are you really going to be able to publish everything you write? If so, WOW!

Hehe. Not to be rude or aything. My name is Medusa :] You sound like an interesting person. Welcome to the site. If you need anything, or a review, just hiss at me.

--Medusa.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:42 pm
Antares says...

You could always upload in the Advanced Critiques board and then take it down after you've gotten enough reviews. I'm not one for uploading my work either but that's because I am a snob. :P

Nah, not really. I'm just a little shy about uploading my work.

But anyway this board more than just looks friendly: it is friendly. Everyone is really nice and I'm sure they'll be willing to help.

Trust me, you'll love it here.

Hope to see you around the boards! :D
'Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few weeks ago.'
'If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.' David Coleman
'Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.' Ian Wright

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:42 pm
Kyuubi says...

Bonjour! Yes I like to say hi (in different languages) to people I've never seen. You say you like Sci-Fi? Well me too. I really hope to read your writing. Anyway, if you have questions, comments, or anything random on your mind, just send me a PM and I'll be happy to answer.

~Wolfie~
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:20 am
niteowl says...

I'm pretty sure that you keep the rights to all your work on here. However, I understand your concern about sharing the work you wish to publish someday. Perhaps to test the waters, you can put something on here that isn't your main piece, like a poem or a short story. This site will definitely help you improve. Just make sure you do at least two reviews first.

Aside from that, welcome and HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:50 pm
ASH1397 says...

It's Awesome to see new faces around here. WEll WELcome to YWS!!

You can do a lot of stuff here And you can meet so many friendily people around here.

Basically just have as much fun as you can while you are here. Write, PM, post And so much more!

Have fun and never give up on an idea push it through.

Good luck and have... fun! :) :) :) :D :D :D :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt081 :smt081 :smt059 :smt059 :smt059 :smt082 :smt082 :smt036 FUN!!!

-ASh1397
And just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:20 pm
Jon says...

hey Alexa, my name is Jon and welcome to YWS, you will find that this is a community filled with many different people and you will fit right in with our "family" to say. when you said you don't want to post your chapters of a book because it would mess with future publication that's not true here you can post your chapters here, for a deduction of points of course, but then people will review it and make it better so you don't have to worry about that, when you post here it is not a form of publication at all so you can post here as much as you want of anything and people from this site will review it and make it better so you will have a better chance of getting published in the future. I'm glad that you came to this site because you will have a wonderful time here and you will become addicted to this site, that was a warning :D so if you have any questions about this site just pm me and i will be glad to help.
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Alexa/Zaikea!

Welcome to YWS! My name's Demeter and I'm one of the Greeters here. I hope you won't hide all of your work by not posting it, because I'm sure many people would like to read and review it. Of course, it's your choice and I truly appreciate it. But like niteowl said, you could maybe post a little piece and see what kind of reviews you'll get. That'll probably only help you. :) But I don't think that's snobby, it's just reasonable.

So, how's it going? Tell us more about yourself! People are interested, because they're so nice here. It's true – YWSers are the most friendly people I've ever met, at least almost :D

I hope you have an extra amazing time. Remember to read the rules and PM me if you have anything to ask!

See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19