Hello

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:51 pm
View Likes
shelbell says...

Hi there!
Obvously I'm new here....
Um...I don't really know what to say here.
I'm a 16 year old female. My cousin (I think thats how we are related...) showed me this site when we were talking about our love for writing. I've been writing for a while, but never made any of it public. Well, other than my journalistic articles, I've just writen for myself. So yeah....um...thats about all. Just introducing myself and saying hey!

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:22 pm
Alainna says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!!

Ah, what genre do you write? Books you like?

Anyways, be sure to check out the stuff under the 'Help and Support' tab on the drop down menu - especially the rules. If you need anything else (help, chat or a crit) then send a pm my way. :D

Feel free to contact any of us here on the site - most of us don't bite and we're a friendly bunch really.

All the best and I hope you like it here,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:38 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! Alainna covered the basics, so I'll just say have fun, enjoy the site, and HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:52 pm
View Likes
Maybe says...

Hey Shelbell, welcome to YWS! I'm Maybe, or May for short.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask anyone with the odd colored names including myself. Be sure to review two other pieces of work before posting one of your own and check out the Help and Support section, as that's a good way to get your questions answered as well.

What kind of stuff do you like to read? And do you write anything other than journalistic articles?

Hope you like the site! Good luck with your writing! I'd love to read some of your work.

-May :smt023
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:55 am
kimmy says...

hi shelbell!
my name is kimmy! welcome to yws!
this site is AWESOME! i really hope you love it so far ;D
i would love to be your friend if you want!
cant wait to read your work!
Keep writing!
<3 kimmy

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...."
- Edward Cullen

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:28 am
shelbell says...

Hey again everyone,
First thanks for making me feel welcome. This place seems pretty chill.
I write some poetry. Not all of it is meant to be shared since a good part of it comes from when I went through a rough patch and writing helped me though (that genius idea came from my best friend at the time). Other than that I write random stuff that doesn't have a genre.
I read lots of stuff, from Harry Potter to My Sister's Keeper to books by the author Clive Clusser. My preference varies. On here, I'll prolly read stuff under random, maybe some romance, and action.

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:20 am
October Girl says...

Hello dearie, I'm Max and I'll be happy to be of help if I can be, or you know if you just want to chat sometime:]]

-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:59 pm
Adnamarine says...

'Ello Shel! Positively lovely to have you here.

Am I to take it that your cousin is also a member here? If so, what's his/her username? I might know them. But kudos to them for showing you this place. You're going to love it, if you don't already.

Oooh, have journalistic leanings, do you? Do you write for a school newspaper, or something like that? What kind of articles do you write?

Like I said, it's great to have you here. We love getting new people:) If you ever having any questions, just come to me and I'll do whatever I can for you.

See you around!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:41 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, shelbell!

Welcome to YWS! I like your avatar ;) I'm Demeter, Dem, Demi, D, or Meter, or anything. Haha :) The blue name tells I'm a Greeter, if you were wondering about it.

I'm glad your cousin showed you the site. Otherwise you would probably have never found it, no? This place is really easygoing and fun, but what's better than that is that you can really improve your writing skills here. I mean, really. It's fabulous.

Journalistic articles? Wow, I like you already. :) I'll probably become a journalist-slash-author when I grow up, at least I'd really really love to. My mom is a journalist, so I guess that's why. I don't know, though. I was in a job training in the biggest newspaper in Finland, and I got one of my articles published. It was cool!

Well, I hope you'll like the place. PM me if there's anything you'd like to ask, or want to talk.

See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky