z

Young Writers Society

Oh!

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:46 pm
GML says...

Well, I'm GML. GML are my initials, so I guess you'll know my first name once you figure out what the G stands for...not that I'll tell you that you're right. :) So feel free to call me anything that starts with a G, unless you'd like to be normal and call me GML.

I'm 15 and going to be a sophomore in highschool next fall. I live in Indiana, in the town that claims Purdue University as its college. I am the middle child of five, having two older brothers and two younger sisters.

I've wanted to be an author since I was in the third grade (at that point, I wanted to illustrate also) and have been writing since, though not as much as I would like. I became especially interested when I took Creative Writing in the eighth grade and was told I could become a published author if I try hard. (and my teacher was a published author, himself--he's actually the one who led me to this site as well...)

I write anything that comes to my mind--I've tried my hand at romance, humor, science, literary, absurd, adventure, and horror fiction. When people ask me what I write, I can't give them quite a straight answer.

I also love reading, as probably expected. My all-time favorite author is Ray Bradbury. He continues to amaze me. Some of my favorite books, not including all of his, include: Rebecca, The Book Thief, Pride and Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Animal Farm.

Some other interests of mine are soccer, drawing, photography, trolls, my religion, cello, quality movies, and acting. I've been in eight or so plays, my favorite ones I've been in being The Witches, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and Romeo and Juliet.

Well, that's about all!
"Jump off cliffs and build your wings on the way down." --Ray Bradbury

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:35 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Oh, yeah, Ray Bradbury pretty much pwns the whole science fiction genre.

:D

I tried really hard to read the Book Thief, but for some reason I couldn't get into it. I should try again, because everyone keeps telling me it's amazing.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote