z

Young Writers Society

Clo's Super Fantastic Sometimes Life

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:19 pm
Clo says...

Wowwee, I can just talk about myself here? This is so ego-tastical. :P And I enjoy reading everyone elses.

My name is Crystal, and I'm still new here. But I'm active - I won't be working again until August so I'm looking for things to do and they're all creatively inclined.

I'm a Sophomore in college and I'm majoring in English Education 5 - 12. I'm going to teach whippersnappers! I love reading and editing things, so PLEASE PM me if you really need a review! I would love the request. I'm going to be editing stories and papers every week someday, and I need the practice, haha.

I'm a big bookworm and am working on my college's Literary Journal. When I'm not living in the city at college, I'm from a small country town. My big plan is to live in the city and die in the country. It's just so peaceful out here (and boring!) but I LOVE the hustle and bustle of the city!

I can hardly sit still for five minutes. I love peanut butter and Greek food. My favorite authors are Neil Gaiman, Sarah Dunant, Stephen King and... actually, I have a lot. Some of my favorite books are The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant, Brave New World by Alduous Huxley, The Bone People by Keri Hulme and Wuthering Heights.

My favorite movies are Amadeus, Waking Life, and I Heart Huckabees.

I'm also an artist. That's really just a hobby though, and in on the art world, which I want to be a part of. I want to be a writer though. 8)

YAY! PM me for reviews and such, I love it all.
Last edited by Clo on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
How am I not myself?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:33 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Yay! I'm an English education major too! *high fives* What grade do you want to teach?

And Brave New World is an amazing, amazing book. Disturbing, but amazing.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

402 Reviews

Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 pm
View Likes
Clo says...

*high-five!!*

I'm going to be certified for grades 5 - 12. I'd like to teach in grades 9 or 10... so they're still a wee bit younger but I can still fully tackle books like Wuthering Heights, Brave New World, The Stranger, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Lord of the Flies, etc. I supposed I also wouldn't mind teaching a lot younger kids, lik the 6 - 8th grade area, because that would be grammar and style teaching and I would love to introduce kids to that and help out ones that have a hard time. :D

I was already put in classrooms to volunteer, although I was a Freshman, and it was just a wonderful experience to help sixth graders with vocab and eighth graders with story structure. It's something that I do REALLY want to do, without a doubt.

Lyrical sunshine, how about you?
How am I not myself?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:34 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I'd really like to teach middle school...maybe eighth grade? Because at that point they're old enough to start reading and writing, but they're still at that age where they're fun and crazy and hyper. :D I wouldn't be able to deal with the "I'm too cool for this class" high schoolers. Although I guess you can get that in middle school too...but it's not quite so bad.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

402 Reviews

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:50 am
Clo says...

This is slightly old news, by a week or so, but here's this update.

I was chosen to be the Editor-in-Chief of my college's literary journal. I get to run the whole darn thing! This includes meeting, submissions, the website, and getting the entire thing revived in general. Since it's been dead for quite a while.

I'm really pumped for this am chock full of ideas.

Does anyone know any online literary journals that they find particularly good? I just want to look for fun now and see if I can think of anything else while it's summer and I have a month until I get this all up and running.
How am I not myself?

402 Reviews

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:27 am
Clo says...

Segment III In which I talk about my pets.

I have two kittens, females, named Nemo and Sophie. A boxer/beagle named Jasper, also known as the best dog ever, but that's a secret. ;)

What I really wanna talk about is my tokay gecko, King Henry VIII. He's vicious and bites, so I can't really handle him. But I love watching him hunt. He's light green with bright orange spots and can catch crickets like a superhero. My goal is to dump him into radioactive waste and thus turn him into Godzilla.

Not really. :lol:
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:07 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hey you got rid of your kitty! That was you that kitty. I like the new one though, it's striking.

Animals are nice =] I kind of like gekos and stuff, a friend of mine used to have lots of them and they're really pretty to look at. I like a pet I can cuddle though!

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta