z

Young Writers Society

Hi

Reviews: 3
Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:10 pm
Annirene says...

Hello! I'm Annirene. I'm half of thirty and I live in the mid-west. I love to write and read. I don't really let many people read my work :? so maybe you all here can help me out with that! :) :wink:

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:29 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey, Annirene! Awesome name! Haha. Half of thirty. I'm almost that too. Wow. That makes me seem old.

O.O

Welcome to YWS! This is a fantastic site where you can (and will love to) post your stories and poems to get comments and reviews. The reviews are very helpful. But! before you post, be sure that you critique 2 stories/poems before you post 1 of yours. It's easy enough to remember.

Anyway, I'm glad you're here! We're always excited to have new members! If you need anything, or need an answer to a question about the site, please feel free to [s]bug[/s] PM (Private Message) me!!!

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:54 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! I know it's hard to let people review your work, but the comments are often helpful and you grow as a writer. Make sure you review a lot, too! As you get better at evaluating other people's writing, you learn how to improve your own.

Anyway, you need a gift. So here you go: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:58 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Hey there. :)

I'm new myself.

Good thing you're half of thirty instead of all they way! XD
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:02 pm
StellaThomas says...

Half of thirty? Lol, that's what my mum said at my last birthday. Well, her exact words were "You're closer to thirty than I am now!"

So where is the Mid-West? Here, there's just the West, which is this big expanse of culchieland where "the next parish is New York".

Don't worry. I don't really let people read my stuff either, but I give friends stories as birthday presents. Don't be afraid to stick up things here, after all, you don't know any of us, and if it's that terrible you'll never see us laughing :D.

I'm totally kidding.

So what books do you read? What music do you like?

Feel free to PM me if you want to ask me anything!

-Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:36 pm
Alainna says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!!

Half of thirty is a nice way of putting it - I haven't heard anyone say that before. :wink:

If you ever need anything then feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

As for not letting anyone read your work - I used to be like that. But it's much easier on here to share your work because you'll actually get some good con crit from people who have a passion for writing.

All the best,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 pm
Adnamarine says...

'Ello deary, wecome to the site of all sites. Cool name, by the way:)

I know what it's like to not be the most comfortable sharing your work with people you know, so I also know that this place is the perfect beyond perfect solution. Everyone hear will most certainly give you their honest opinion of your work. And of course, getting some good feedback from people here might help you feel a bit more confident about showing your work to those closer to you, you never know:)

Mid-west, eh? I'm a stuck up East-coaster myself;) But I have relatives out there. Sweet.

Anyway, welcome aboard. This place will feel like home to you in no time:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:26 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there Annirene!! Wow, AWESOME name!!

Welcome to YWS!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!!

You sound AWESOME, even your name is AWESOME so I guess your works are also AWESOME so no need to be shy to show them to people. *motions for Annirene to show her works*

Soo, first of all, before we unleash the AWESOMENESS, you gotta read the rules and FAQs first. And I want to tell you about a rule that we are very strict about, the rule states that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your works. We are serious about the rules so please do not break any of them.

Moving on, if you have any questions/concerns or if you just want to share some of your AWESOME stories, don't hesitate to PM(private message) me! I'm always here to listen :D!

So, enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!!

~Captain Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:30 am
Antares says...

Welcome to YWS! It's fun and very very addictive.

I don't like people reading my work either which is the main reason I haven't posted yet. I'm thinking about it though... You won't believe how nice everyone is here and how awesome their reviews are. Trust me, it's not just the typical "This is great! Review mine! Bye!"

I'm half of thirty also. I miss being half of twenty! :(

Anyways, enjoy yourself here and hopefully I'll see you around the boards! :D
'Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few weeks ago.'
'If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.' David Coleman
'Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.' Ian Wright

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:40 pm
rubberduck says...

Welcome to YWS, Annirene.

Hey, if you ever post your stories, feel free to PM me to review it. I'd be glad to be of service.

Oh yes. As Antares has pointed out, the guys here don't give that
"This is great! Review mine! Bye!"
kinda stuff.

Haha. You'll definitely like it here. You won't ever regret stepping into the YWS community, I assure you.

Well then,
seeya!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:46 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, Annirene!

I like your name. Is that really your name, you know, as in "Ann Irene" or did you just make it up? Either way, it's very beautiful. I'm Demeter. And I'm half of thirty, too! But I'll be 16 this year. *holds out her hand*

I don't like other people reading my work, either, let alone if they do it out loud. It's terrifying! But luckily in here, it's much easier as you don't really know the people. Bless YWS.

Well, remember to read all the rules and stuff, and PM me of there's anything you want to talk or ask about. I'll be here.

See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki