z

Young Writers Society

I'm Jamie

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:27 am
Jamie_rocks says...

As I said, my name's Jamie. I joined a few months ago, but I just found this forum. I doubt anyone cares, but this is me. I'm thirteen, going into eighth grade at the end of summer. I'm an army brat currently stationed in Hawaii. I'm a child of divorce. I do good in school, I'm hoping for a scholarship so I don't have to stay home and go to college.

If you asked the people I know they'd probably tell you I was crazy, on crack, and a chocoholic. I'm not on crack, but I do love to have fun. I definitely act crazy, but I never do anything bad. I'm single and probably will be for a long time. Thanks to my Italian heritage I have extremely small eyes that disappear when I laugh; it drives me crazy. I have light brown hair that always tangled, no matter how much I brush it, which I don't all that much. I'm tall, fairly skinny. I have three nephews and a niece.

Most of the guys I know, and a few of the girls, too, hate me. I'm known to make fun of people a lot. I only tell the truth though, I would never make fun of someone for something that wasn't true, and I'm included in the jokes just as much as everyone else. I guess it isn't much of an excuse, it's definitely something I need to work on. One of these days someone I teased is going to come back and kill me.

I like jokes. Making them, hearing them. I love to laugh, even if it's at my expense. It's in a story I read: you can view the world as tragic or you can view the world as funny. I decided a long time ago to see the funny side of things. That's pretty much my view.

You couldn't pay me to wear a dress or skirt. I stick to jeans and T-shirts. I'm a tom-boy. I love video games, especially the Wii and X-Box.

I love to write (of course). I mainly stick to novels. More often than not my they're horror or supernatural. I tried to write a romance story once and both the characters ended up dying. I'm not exactly the romance type. I've got a couple of action stories, too. I don't think I'm very good. My friends and family say I am, but I'm not sure if they really mean it or they're just being nice.

I'm nocturnal. I can barely think during the day, but I'll wake up at like midnight with an idea and be writing it until three in the morning.

I love animals. Unfortunately, my step-mom is allergic, so I can't have any pets. I'm going to work with exotic and endangered animals after I graduate. I'll still write, of course, but for me it's more of a way to vent than a career. You know what I mean? It's like you get really mad at someone, or something bad happens, you go home and you write. You can safely and legally take it out on your characters. That's why I write horror so much. You can think I'm disturbed, most people do, but it really helps, and you can't get arrested for killing someone you made up.

I haven't written a single story where someone didn't die. Literally, my first story in first grade, the best friend got lost and was never heard from again. I guess that says a lot about me.

I'm sure hardly anyone will even read this, but that's me.
If you need a review, feel free to PM me.
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:18 am
scasha says...

I read it Jamie!
heheh

I used to be an Army brat :-)
My dad was a doctor in the military because they paid for his medical school. I was born in NY, then moved to Hawaii, then to Germany, then to Washington State, then to West Point NY.
After that my dad got out of the army which I was pretty happy with (I was homeschooled the entire time I was in the military which kind of sucked, but I don't have any regrets).

Anyway, I'll definitley be rereading the Milantis thing soon!
Also, in nearly 99% of the modern stories I write, my MC or someone close to my MC always dies. I don't know why, it just happens, so I deifnitley understand.

See you round!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:20 am
Jamie_rocks says...

You've moved around a lot. One of the best things about being in the military, you get to see a lot of sights. I've never been home schooled, but I've had friends, and they say it sucks.

Okay, thanks. Yeah, a lot of people think I'm messed up because my people die so much.
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content