z

Young Writers Society

Newbie alert! :D

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:40 pm
View Likes
ChristyPoobear says...

Hiiis! I'm christy, you probably could've guessed my name :P.

Yesh, I lub lub writing. I've been told that Filipinos dont like to write, or its their weakness, but I'd love to be one of those Filipinos that lub writing :D.

Once I get into my writing, I don't do anything until I grow super super hungry. Which makes sense why I get sick alot :oops:.

Well, 'nyways I would love to meet new friends, and learn from you people who like to write stories.

By the way, I have some experience of writing. I've been to this other forum (forgot the name) and it had a literature forum, so I joined. At first I was horrible, but it turned out great after I wrote another story. [It was a hit]

I make it simple and clear, I'm NOT the best at writing, but I love giving suspense. Please super dooper hard criticism makes it harder for me to think, just a light or medium criticism is okay.

Thanks guys, I think I explained enough of me. :idea: O.o just got an idea for a story :D. ANY Tips or suggestions is accepted!

Chow,
Christy

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:13 am
LoveableLittleSock says...

Wow, Christy! We're going to love having you at YWS! You don't stop writing until you grow super, super hungry? I pretend I'm super, super hungry so it gives me an excuse to stop writing. Not that I don't love to write... I'm just a lazy person. Unlike you, Ms. Dedicated.

A suspense-gripper, huh? We need more people like you. Personally, I'm in love with stories that have me on the edge of my seat until the ending comes around, and I ultimately fall of the seat. And by the way, don't worry about the critiques. In the lounge forum, which is under "Community forums," there's a sub-forum named, "Will review for food." There are tons of writers there that will be uber-happy to critique your work (including myself).

It's said that Filipino's don't like to write? Sorry, sorta racist right there. You'll probably be assure this 1000 times over, but your race or ethnicity or whatever doesn't matter here at YWS - just the quality of your writing, and how you treat other writers. If you're good at both, then all is well.

I like to explain the point system to all the new writers. Obviously, by your post, I can tell that your lub for writing will cause you to post until your points are well exhausted. See, Nate has made a "review twice, post once" rule so everybody can give feedback on all the various works here at YWS. You may be the best writer in the world, and not many people may deserve your wonderful talent in the form of a critique, but try, okay? I'll explain the point system to you:

You see, the highest amount of points you can get for a post is 50 (because we don't want spammers getting 1000 for copying and pasting "hi" 5 billion times). You can get points by posting in the welcome forum, like I'm doing now, or reviewing somebody's stories. You LOSE points (lose is not capitalized because it's a bad thing, it... just is) by posting a piece of your own, a story, a poem, or even a photograph, or posting in the storybook forum. If you want to know what storybooks are, because they really are fascinating, just PM me.

I hope you have the greatest time here at YWS! And, like I mentioned before, if you have any questions, just PM me and I'll be happy to answer them all.

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:55 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Cool, another Filipino!! Hey, I'm a Filipino too. My friends and I are one of the first Filipinos who joined the site. And I say not all Filipinos don't like to write. There are a LOT of Filipinos that I know who likes to write and they pretty much write very good stuff.

Anyway, feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:41 pm
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to the one and only YWS!! *hands out muffins*

Well, I'm sure the others have said it, but just in case, make sure you check out all the FAQ's and Guide and other info under 'Help and Support' on the drop down menu at the top. They really do help.
If you have any questions or need anything at all then feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

All the best with your writing and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:07 pm
niteowl says...

Hi there Christy! Since you've gotten the rules and stuff already, all that is left to say is...HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:20 am
sasquash says...

Well, youve deffinately gotten the rift of the site by now i hope! As its seems, everybody loves the site, and thats because its utterly AMAZING! Im convinced your going to have a good time here. And just a piece of advice....... Story books are the BOMB!! :smt023

See ya around!
It's ok to be a kid sometimes,

it's what keeps old people young

and young people growing!

I am deeply disturbed by your ability to meow.
— Carina