z

Young Writers Society

Noobie Help?!

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:16 pm
Superstaramy08 says...

Hi there =)

I'm Amy, fifteen and I live in a large place called Kazakhstan (you may know it as... Borat?). I'm originally British but moved there with my family =)

So I am completely new to YWS! I'm a super keen writer and really want to improve, so my soft heart is morphing into cold stone ready for some really hurtful comments!

I joined this site in order to help me on my Personal Project, something you do in Grade 9 and 10 when you follow the IB MYP program.
My PP is a challenge for me, but I believe with some help of you amazing editors I might be able to do it. I need to write 12 short stories. Sound simple? Well each story is set in a different month, for example Story Number 6 is going to be set in June and so forth. I have until January to complete the challenge, along with a Personal Statement, which is confidential, at 4,000 words.
Still sound easy enough?
I'm also publishing all these stories onto a website.
Okay, so time is shortened, but it still sounds easy, right?
Well now look at the idea realistically. 12 short stories. That's 12 mindmaps. Say 20 Character Profiles. 12 lots of first drafts, second drafts and final drafts. Notes to read, reread, reference, and a blog to constantly update.
So it sounds a little tricky, but not impossible!
I also start school in September!!!
Maybe from an outsiders view it sounds a little easier, but really, untie your shoe laces, borrow a pair of my sandals and try walking in them for a day and you'll notice how many thoughts are racing through my mind presently.

So what am I asking from you guys?
Really, it's like starting a new school, I'd love to see a friendly face show me the ropes around this place.

Soo please someone answer my desperate cry of help!!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:46 pm
Emerson says...

*throws love at*

Does that help?

Welcome to the YWS! I think it's real interesting you're from Kazakhstan. (People who relate this to Borat make me angry.) Do you happen to speak any Russian? I have to be nosy. ^_^

Your PP sounds real interesting. From your explanation, it's for school? Er, I'm not sure... What is IB MYP? Haha, I'm a clueless person.

But! I'm not clueless about the YWS. So if you have any questions about the site or need help finding your way around, feel free to bother me.

What genre are you planning to/have written these short stories in? What are they going to be about? Do you have any ideas...?

I think editing is difficult, but only if you make it difficult. For me editing is either the easiest thing in the world, or the hardest and only because I'm stubborn and don't want to edit, so I put it off, and whine and it becomes harder and harder. Really, you have to put your foot down and just do it, otherwise you get no where! Procrastination is the devil. or... the really fun party person who tells you to spend your whole day watching You Tube videos. It's all in the eye of the beholder, right?

Anyway! That's about all I have to say. I hope to see you around, and learn more about you and your projects! I'd love to help you out as you write them, and edit them as you go. I can't promise any help right now; I'm going on vacation soon and I have a back list of things to help other people with, and a bunch of my own work to do. But! I'm going to be back soon and hopefully with a lot of free time.

Oh! And if you haven't yet, I suggest you read The Rules and other various YWS documents of awesome.

Enjoy!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:14 pm
Demeter says...

Hey, Amy!

Welcome to YWS! That Project sure sounds interesting, why don't we have anything like thatin our school? No fair. Though it does sound difficult. I have these waves of inspiration and make notes for new novels and create new characters, but it's the actual start that I'm so inefficient at. Right now I'm supposed to write a short story but I just can't go ahead and start. It's no fun. So twelve stories would probably be an impossible challenge for me, but I'm ready to help you if only you like! I'm on my holidays, though, so I won't be available every day, but when I have time, I would love to be of help if only I can.

Before you post those stories here, you must do at least two reviews. But I don't think that's going to be any problem :) Well, I hope you enjoy your time and stick with YWS even after your project. I have a hunch you will, this is an addicting site :D PM (private message) me if and when you need help, reviews or someone to talk with!

See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:14 am
niteowl says...

Wow! 12 stories? That sounds really hard. But interesting.

I hope YWS will be helpful to you. I second Suzanne's suggestion to read the Rules first. We bite the heads off rulebreakers. :P JK

Now, to kick off your YWS awesomeness, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:20 am
SIC says...

Welcome to YWS. Please read the big giant post of rules. (Honestly, does ANYONE really read those?) and enjoy your stay. I f you don't, we will eat your spleen. And it wont be fun.
Also, HA! noob! Sorry, I just like a good noob joke. but it wasnt really a joke. uh... ignore me.
I made you toast and cookies. Enjoy.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:19 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

hi and welcome to yws. It is a wonderful place to write and read. If you need any help at all just pm me. I will help you as much as I can. It sound really hard. If you need help with story lines or charaters mostly just pm XxXSerenityStillXxX .

Love Rebbecca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:52 am
tosh says...

Hello Amy!

MYPer! Are you planning on doing full IB? -points to self- Masochistic, jaded, burnt-out youngster who just finished Year Two here. I don't know much about YWS myself, having joined while desperately procrastinating for the Looming May Exams of Doom, but if you want an idea-bouncer/editor/ someone to rant at when the going gets tough, I'd be willing to help out. Feel free to PM me and welcome to YWS!

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:51 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:30 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hi and welcome to yws hope you enjoy this site its additive.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken