z

Young Writers Society

Enter KaatieBugg

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:52 pm
KaatiieBugg says...

Well hullo Young Writer's Society.
I am a poet who knows it and I sometimes try to write short stories/ novels. It really all depends on if I've fallen in love with the story.
And if I've recently refueled myself with a good cup of hot steaming coffee.
I'd like to get to know you guys so PM me or whatever!
-Buggs

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:08 pm
LilSarahBreezy says...

Hey Buggs, welcome to the YWS! I'm relatively-new as well, and the people here are AMAZING! Just remember to read the rules, behave, and have fun!

Love,
Sarah
Be My Love And Race The Dream Together ♥♥♥

15 Reviews

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:27 pm
KaatiieBugg says...

ha, thanks, I'll be sure to behave and read the rules and whatnot. i look forward to being here. It's taken me forever to find a good writing website.
Writing: My Anti-Drug

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:41 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Buggs, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Arri, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:42 pm
Demeter says...

Hey, Buggs!

Welcome to YWS, the greatest writing site you'll ever find! I'm Demeter, or D, Dem, Demi, Demmy, Meter etc. for short. You just can't be a YWSer and not have loads of nicknames. :D C'est la vérité! (It's the truth.)

So you're a poet, huh? You'll be liked here, that's for sure. I mean, you would be liked in any case, but there are so many poets that it's even easier :) Sorry, I don't know what I'm talking about. There are large sections for poetry here, so you won't get bored! Just remember to do two reviews before you post any of your poems or stories. (It's a rule.)

I hope and know you'll find this place enjoyable! I have to warn you, by the way: this site is Addicting with a capital A. :D PM me if there's anything you want to know, or need a crit, or whatever. I'll be here.

See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:10 pm
Esmé says...

Hello ^_^ Welcome to YWS, welcome to YWS. As was already stated, it's a very addicting site, one that very stealthily does away with your time. And helpful, too - I know I find it so. And, and, and... *continues to sing paeans.

But, to the subject. You, that is. Poetry makes me cringe (I happen to be of the not-understanding-poetry-at-all sort), but Fiction is more my thing. Perhaps you'll find me lurking around those forums :) If you ever need a crit, or have any question, PM me, or, really, anyone.

Cheers,
Esme

15 Reviews

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:16 pm
KaatiieBugg says...

Thanks, all, I'm sure I'll figure everyone's names out at least...
I did forget, though, to inform you guys that I also love photography and that's where most of my inspiration comes from...
Any other photographer/writers here?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:16 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey, there! You have an awesome name. ;) I love it.

Welcome to YWS! I know that you'll just have a blast on this site. As everyone else has said, it's terribly addicting. Your writing will improve a million times better. It has for me, and surely everyone else on the site.

If you need any help or anything, PM me, okay?

See you around.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

15 Reviews

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:28 pm
KaatiieBugg says...

Thanks, I like your name too.
Yeah, I hope my writing will improve. See, this one site I used to go to was not very critique-ey and that's definitely not great, so I'm looking forward to critiquing and being critiqued.
That's a fun word... Critique.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:01 pm
Snoink says...

Psh, coffee is evil! It makes go slightly insane.

But I suppose you can handle it. ;)

Welcome to YWS! I'll go hunt down your poetry when I do not have borderline tendonitis... honest...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:25 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! I'm a poet as well! I don't have the patience for stories/novels.

Since you've gotten info from everyone else, I'll just leave you with a gift so you can get started!!!:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

15 Reviews

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:18 pm
KaatiieBugg says...

haha, thanks for the gift niteowl, it's hilarisou.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:52 pm
Tatra says...

Hello and welcome!! I hope you're enjoying this site, it's a very fun site.

:smt039
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

15 Reviews

Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:06 pm
KaatiieBugg says...

So I've gathered, Tatra.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:11 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

hi and welcome to yws. It is a wonderful place to write and read. If you need any help at all just pm me.

Rebbecca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch