z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:24 pm
xxfourthelement says...

I'm new. :D I'm Feliza. (Oddly, a lot of people can't pronounce that - "Is it Felisa or Felisha?" "It's Feliza." "Oh, okay, Felisa.") I've only been writing seriously since I was 11. (That's just about 6 years.)

I'm pretty serious about it, though. Even though I'll only be a senior next year, I've taken a junior-level university class in creative writing. I've done articles, poetry, and short stories, but my real passion lies in my novels. I've finished two, and only one is worth of publishing. :wink:

While I've tried all that... you know... literary-deep-thinking stuff, most of what I write can be classified as fantasy or science fiction, even if it is deep. I don't do chick-lit at all. :P I do like to read anything that doesn't involve spoiled rich girls, though. I'm decently open-minded.

It's nice to meet you all. This seems interesting!

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:29 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Feliza! Awesome name! I don't disclose my real name, the authorities are after me... kidding... Anyway, folks round here call me Stella.

I usually avoid the chicklit too. Give me Tolkien over Kinsella any day! I totally know what you mean!

So what books do you read? Where in the world do you live?

Hope you stick around, make sure to talk to me if you have any questions, and of course, the Greeters (blue) and mods (green) are always happy to help!

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:33 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Feliza! I love fantasy and sci-fi! Can't write it to save my life, but I enjoy reading it. I prefer poetry when it comes to writing. I don't have patience for anything longer. :P

Just so you know, we have a few rules. The most important is that you do at least two reviews for every piece you post. This allows everyone's work to get reviewed. The others you should check out in the "About" section on the upper right-hand corner of your screen.

Now here's Charlie!

HELLO FELIZA!!!!!!! DID I PRONOUNCE THAT RIGHT? I SURE HOPE I DID!!!!! WELL, ANYHOO, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:37 pm
xxfourthelement says...

To Stella: My favorite author in the world is Tamora Pierce, especially in the Protector of the Small quartet. James Patterson with his Maximum Ride series has definitely impacted my writing style, as well. :P

I live in the American Midwest, which isn't really the MIDwest, but only my best friend from California has taken note of that. Thanks for being so friendly!

To niteowl: I didn't know that. I'll definitely be headed over to read some other people's work before I submit my own. That makes me a little bit nervous, to thikn about it. Thanks for the advice. :)

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:46 pm
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

If you ever need anything then feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Ah, Tamora Pierce. I've never actually read any of her stuff but I hear that she's good.

All the best with your writing and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:15 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:34 am
Demeter says...

Hey Feliza!

Pretty name! So is it like "Eliza" but only with F? :D My name is Demeter/D/Dem/Demi etc. Luckily it's not my real name, though. Haha.

So, welcome to YWS! I'm pretty sure you'll love it here. People here are amazingly helpful and friendly, and the many-sidedness (is that a word?) of the site is astonishing.

You've done many different kinds of writing. Sounds like me... :) I've also finished two novels, and only one is worth publishing. At least after lots of editing. The first one was just... hopeless. We have a Novelists usergroup here, since you are a novelist, you might want to join. You'll find it in Community --> YWS Groups --> Novelists. There you can discuss e.g. length of your novels, word counts, prologues, anything that has something to do with novels. It's pretty cool. :D

If you want to exchange experiences, need help, have questions, want to have reviews, just PM me and I'll be there. See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:42 pm
View Likes
Firearris says...

Hello Feliza, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
— Lemony Snicket