z

Young Writers Society

Interested?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:47 am
elements says...

Hey! Im 19, Live in Westchester NY, and lived in Vienna, Austria. I began writing as a mentor of Jonathan Carroll (well known fantasy writer) but took a break from writing for 2 years. Back in the game now. Great writer, great teacher, let me know if your a fan of his, or have any questions.

I used to write alot about sad things, sort of like as an outlet of emotions, and finding my own voice.
As of recently, ive started to write alot about my adventures in NYC, getting into clubs, hookups, you know the stories that you tell your buddies on a sunday or monday hungover. I want to tell them in a observant, good writing style.

Anyone in these forums have any good teenage/college stories? Just classic tales written well though, unlike "I hope they serve beer in hell" which i thought had good stoires, but was written very elementary.

Hope to meet you all, Best wishes
-elements

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:09 am
rubberduck says...

Hey there, elements!

Welcome to YWS!

Wow. You're 19. I feel intimidated. Haha.

Nah, just kidding.
Alright, you said you wanted good teenage/college stories, correct?
Just browse through the different genres. You'll definitely find some great stories. :)

So, well... I'll leave you to have a look around.

Seeya 'round!

Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

Random avatar

Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:18 am
elements says...

yeah i feel abit on the older side.
im thinking about joining the other "sister" site, just the writers society. not that i think younger peoples feedback isnt valid, just i would rather be with more people in my age group.
i will def. stick around here for a while though, check things out

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:32 am
rubberduck says...

Haha. I see.

Alright then. :)

Seeya 'round!

Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:42 am
Clo says...

Hey, we're not all very young here. I turn 19 in less than a month, and I attend college and edit a literary journal.

Anyway, welcome and hope you stay! Your experience will help people here. Feedback is a wonderful thing. :)
How am I not myself?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:57 am
Demeter says...

Hey, elements!

Welcome to YWS! Don't worry about some people's (like mine) young age, there are lots of 18 years and up people here.

"Adventures in NY" :D Sounds great! Even though there are youngish people here, they can give an awesome feedback! Often I feel like it's the youngest ones who actually are helping others improve :)

You'll find loads of good stories in YWS, just check all the fiction forums (there are at least five of them). YWS equals talented writers, haha!

Anyways, remember to check out the About section for Rules etc. Have fun!

See you around,
Demi xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 pm
Sapphire says...

Although everyone's already assured you, I'm going to repeat the 'don't worry about age' point since I'm 19 too. :lol: I've looked at the Writer's Society but plan to stay here awhile.

Welcome to the site!

:)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:23 pm
Tatra says...

Hello, and welcome!!

The Writers Society could use a few more people posting, but Young Writers Society is a great site, as well. Don't worry about your age, there will be people younger than you and people older than you. Just have fun!

:D
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:16 pm
Firearris says...

Hello, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. Very Happy What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:23 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome to YWS!! I'm getting some deja vu here...I feel like I've read your post before, even though you never got a gift. Strange

Well, whatever. I have nothing else to add. Charlie?

HELLO ELEMENTS AND WELCOME TO YWS! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:12 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

hi and welcome to yws. It is a wonderful place to write and read. If you need any help at all just pm me.

Rebbecca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

Random avatar

Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:03 am
elements says...

thanks for all the help guys

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:50 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
— Audrey Hepburn