z

Young Writers Society

Greetings

Reviews: 4
Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:19 pm
Pingu says...

Hell everyone. My names Liam (a terribly odd Irish name) and my nickname is Pingu. I'm an avid reader and short story writer and am currently working on a sci-fi/fantasy novel and would like to share that with you as I have read through this forum quite a bit and have noticed that you are all quite educated on the matters of writing and know what you are on about.

Its nice to meet you.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:26 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hi Liam! Or do you prefer Pingu? Welcome to YWS! We likes our scifi writers, we do. Not that I'm biased or anything. Make sure you read the rules, and do a couple of crits before posting anything, and life'll be good! If you have any questions, feel free to send 'em my way!

Hope you enjoy the site!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 pm
Pingu says...

Pingu is okay! :D

apologies, what is a crit?

I must sound like (to other World of Warcraft nerds) a n00b.

thank you! :D:D

Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 pm
Pingu says...

Actually wait. Forget I even asked that. I'll go read and criticise some works now! :D

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:44 pm
Meshugenah says...

No worries about that! Everyone's new to something at some point! A crit is a review on someone else's work -- what you'll get once you post your own work! That's what the literary forums are for! So we can all get help with our writing! And don't worry if you think you won't be able to crit, there's plenty of tips in the Knowledge Base (located under the "resources" heading at the top of the page) and in the Writing Tips section.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: Awesome! Also, you can edit your post, so you don't post twice! Just hit the "edit" button on your post!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 pm
Clo says...

Hey Pingu! By any chance is your nickname from that old claymation penguin cartoon? I used to love that! Cracked me up. :lol:

I'm new here too, but it's been amazing so far. Everyone's so nice, and great reviews are given. It's VERY helpful!

And sci-fi/fantasy are my two favorite things. So I can't wait to read your story!
How am I not myself?

Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:15 pm
View Likes
Pingu says...

Yeah! A bunch of "Sport freaks" used to call me "The Penguin" when I was 12 because I was pretty fat. Though five years later, I lost all that fat and they didn't have a name for me...so they just called me "Pingu". I love telling that story.haha

Thank you! I hope people enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed writing it so far! :D:D:D

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:22 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:10 am
Demeter says...

Hey Pingu-slash-Liam,

I absolutely adore both username and real name. That cartoon was awesome!

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself at all. Okay, my name is Demeter, and because YWSers are so fond of making nicknames, I get called by D, Dem, Demi, Meter and Metre, every once in a while. :D

Are you from Ireland?! If so, I congratulate you. I love that country. I was there once. But if you're not, I congratulate you. You have successfully joined YWS, which is such a great thing!

As Casey said, remember to give reviews as you'll earn points and stars, and people will like you even more. We trust you, Liam. :D

Anyway, welcome to our awesome community, enjoy your time! PM if there are any problems!

See you around,
Demi xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:45 pm
Pingu says...

Yup! Im from Ireland! though I wouldn't say congratulations are in order! lol

Thanks everyone! :D

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:09 pm
rubberduck says...

Hey there, Liam!

Welcome to YWS!

I really like your name, Liam. Sounds way nicer than Max. Plain old Max.

Erm... The nice people here have already said what I wanted to say, so... I've got nothing to say. Haha. :)

I saw pictures of the scenery in Ireland. Really nice.

Well then, seeya 'round!
Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:15 pm
niteowl says...

Hey Pingu/Liam! Welcome to YWS! Since everyone's said all the important stuff already, I'll just give you a gift. It's like the cherry on top, the icing on the cake, the [insert other cliche that means the same thing here].

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:55 pm
Pingu says...

:D:D:D:D

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:56 pm
StellaThomas says...

Heya! Everyone calls me Stella here...

Pingu wrote:Yup! Im from Ireland! though I wouldn't say congratulations are in order! lol

Thanks everyone! :D

Woo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*is so not patriotic*

Whereabouts? I'm from Dublin myself. And I adore the name Liam! Liam is the guy I always write to/about in Irish exams! Yeah, I have these imaginary friends called Liam and Nuala who I pretend I spend all my time with and then I also write to Nuala in my letter about an incredibly good looking guy I meet on the beach/in the cinema/next door to my new house, and he's always called Liam! And my best friend does the same.

In other words, your name gives you a lot to live up to :D. Liam is a legend.

Pingu is too! I love that penguin! I wanted to be a penguin/dentist when I was little...

So here's hoping you stick around!

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:01 pm
Pingu says...

Oh dont get me wrong, I love my country. I just hate the youth here, AKA. The scene kids and the Scangers.lol

Im from Wicklow, right next to you!!

"Incredibly good looking guy"...Im afraid you got the wrong chap luv'! haha!

Thanks for everyones warm welcome. I shall try and help out as much as I can.

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor