z

Young Writers Society

Hi there!!

Reviews: 3
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:06 pm
writergirl94 says...

Hi everyone! I just joined yesterday, and I'm just getting around to posting my 'get to know me' message (I kind of took awhile getting my profile set up). Let me just say, am I ever glad I found this place! I was a member of one writing forum for a while, but I just didn't feel like I belonged, because everyone on there had so much more experience - I hadn't even finished a novel whereas some people were on their 12th, and then they would start to 'talk shop', and I had no idea what they were saying. I decided I'd had enough when some person on there chewed me out for the most trivial reason on one of my posts. I've had a look around on here though, and you all seem to be much friendlier!
About me...well, I'm preparing to write a novel at the moment (whether or not I ever get around to starting it is another question, since I tend to procrastinate quite a bit - like always). One of these days I might even get around to posting something to be reviewed!! I can't wait to review something on here myself!
Well, I think I've taken up enough of your time for now - once I start writing, it's hard for me to stop, so apologies in advance for any posts which go on a bit longer than necessary :) . I can't wait to get to know you all better! Thanks for reading! :)

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:15 pm
Sam says...

Hey, writergirl94!

Haha, Doctor Who fan? I think you'll find a lot of friends. :wink: Glad to see you around--welcome to YWS! If you have any questions or need help on something, simply send a PM my way. ^_^
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:29 pm
Elucubrater says...

Hah hah. I have the same picture of David T. saved on my computer. :D

Welcome. I'm new myself, but I couldn't help commenting on a Doctor Who fan's introduction.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:07 am
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! Sorry you had such a bad experience on that other forum. Here we have a wide range of experience, so you should fit right in. Be sure to check out the "About" section if you haven't already. It's got all sorts of rules and FAQ's.

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 am
Meshugenah says...

We don't bite [s]hard[/s] honest! And don't worry about long posts -- we're all wind bags, here! At least I am. I talk altogether too much :P If you have any questions, feel free to send 'em my way, too!

Happy posting, and enjoy the site!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:10 am
Demeter says...

Hello!

Welcome to YWS! My name is (not really) Demeter and I agree with you, we're much friendlier than those people in that place. I don't know who and what you're talking about, but I assure you we're the best, haha. :D It's the truth! This is such an addicting place, I'm sure you'll notice it soon enough.

What's your favourite writing/reading genre? I'm just curious :)

Anyways, PM if there are any problems. Enjoy your time!

See you around,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:46 pm
writergirl94 says...

Elucubrater wrote:Hah hah. I have the same picture of David T. saved on my computer. :D

Welcome. I'm new myself, but I couldn't help commenting on a Doctor Who fan's introduction.

:shock: Really?! I'm glad someone shares my interests!!

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:51 pm
writergirl94 says...

Demeter wrote:
What's your favourite writing/reading genre? I'm just curious :)

My favorite genre for both of those has got to be science fiction! Give me an invasion of aliens, a strange new disease, or an adventure to a new planet, and I'm happy. :)

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:49 pm
Tatra says...

Hey, welcome to YWS!!

You can find a lot of people who love Doctor Who here, including me, :D . Doctor Who is a fun show.

All of this talk about Doctor Who made me remember this thread: Doctor Who vs. Battlestar Galatica. There's no real point to my posting the topic, I'm just a bit hyper right how, :D .

Anyway, just wanted to say, have fun posting! Review as many works as you want and don't worry about posting anything of yours until you want to. Don't worry about asking questions, and don't worry about the length of your posts. We're all good here at YWS.

Have fun!
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:05 pm
moosiegirl says...

Hi first of all I'd like to say: Welcome! YWS is such a great place if you want to improve your writing! If you need any help or advice just pm me :) Good luck and hope to see you around!
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

Be led by your talent and not by your self-loathing ... everything beautiful in the world is within you.
— Russell Brand