z

Young Writers Society

Ello.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:18 pm
Elucubrater says...

I really, really, really hate introductions so I'm going to keep this short. I'm Elucubrater. I love writing, reading, linguistics, and Doctor Who. :D David Tennant maketh me happy. :twisted:

Er, my favorite author is Neil Gaiman (I've read almost everything he's ever written novel and short story wise), but J.R.R Tolkien is also pretty high up on the list.

You might notice in my posting that I abuse commas. 'Pologies in advance.

Cheers.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:29 pm
Sapphire says...

Welcome to the site! I'm Sapphire, as you can see, or Lauren, but you don't need to remember that. :lol: I'm also a David Tennant fan. :wink:

I'll let you know that, before posting work of your own, you should write two reviews and keep the review to work ratio 2:1. It just means everyone gets a chance to have their work critiqued. There is the forum 'Information Desk', with all YWS updates. Moderators names are in green. There, I think that's the basics.

If you need any help with anything, just send me a PM and I can try to help.

:)

P.S. I may be the same as regards commas.
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:51 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome! I have no clue who David Tennant is, but I do love Neil Gaiman.

I second what Sapphire said about the rules. Also, check out the "About" section for more info if you're confused. Or feel free to send me a PM.

Finally, you need a gift. Charlie?

WELCOME ELUCUBRATER!!!!! MAN THAT IS FUN TO SAY!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
Last edited by niteowl on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:55 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hello!

I'm Stella, the happy person you'll generally find around the fiction forums and storybooks.

Over-enthusiastic about commas eh? Aren't we all?

I adore Doctor Who too. Check out the Usergroup for us, "The Whovians" where you can discuss it. Watching David Tennant makes my day as well.

So what do you like to write? I've never read Neil Gaiman myself, though I've heard he's good. I think I once read a short story by him, in a book called Dark Alchemy... in any case, what do you like writing?

As Sapphire says, make sure you keep your review to piece ratio at least 2:1.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

-Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:07 pm
Alainna says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!!

If you ever need anything then feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help as best as I can.

David Tennant? I'm not a fan of Doctor Who but I do like David Tennant - he's very funny and cute in a weird kind of way.

Anyways, all the best,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:59 pm
Elucubrater says...

Thanks everyone! nightowl, I wasn't previously aware that many smiley faces existed. :D Fank you.

I write mainly fantasy stories, but usually at least part of them is set in our world.

Also, thanks for the info on the rules. I'll try my best to follow them. ;)
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages.

William Shakespeare

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:16 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:23 am
Demeter says...

Hello there and welcome!

Aww, fank you! That's what my little brother always says! He never pronounces the "th". :) Interesting, eh?

I'm Demeter-slash-D-slash-Dem-slash-Meter-parenthesis-Metre-parenthesis ends. Hmm, that could make a great username, don't you think? Then I'd force everyone to type it everytime! Mwhahahahahaha!

Sorry about that. I'm here to make you feel welcome and safe, not scared. (Mwahaha – feel very scared!)

Anyway, feel free to PM me if there are any problems. I promise not to bite hard. Enjoy your time!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

if ya mention chickens, i have to show up, that is the law.
— alliyah