z

Young Writers Society

Hello There!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:45 pm
phirebug says...

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm 22 but I was a member of the original TYWC when i was a kid and I loved it. I just wanted to get back in touch with my creative side and be able to share that with my own daughter. she's 2 and she's awesome! Anyways, I look forward to reading the works of others who love writing as much as I do :wink:

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:53 pm
View Likes
myfreindsavamp says...

Well hello!

Nice to see a member from way back (no offence by that)

HOpe you can get around from all the diffrence.

See ya,
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:33 pm
Sapphire says...

Hi, welcome!

I'm sure you'll get on fine, but if you have any questions about anything there's 'The Information Desk' forum and moderators names are in green, though most members will try to help you out if you PM them.

Looking forward to reading your work!

:)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:51 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hello!

Wow, this must be weird for you. Glad you've come back though, and I hope you enjoy it :D. Your daughter too, thoug she might not read yet. I bet some of the mods etc. will remember you :D.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

-Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:54 pm
niteowl says...

We do have a lot of TYWC vets around here, so they might remember you. Welcome to YWS!!!

Now you need a gift. Just don't let your daughter get a hold of it. 2-year-olds and emoticons don't mix. :lol:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm
Meshugenah says...

The more the merrier! There are a bunch of TWYC refugees running around -- you're bound to run into a few of them!

Anyhoo! Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions about the site, feel free to PM me! What do you write? Fiction, poetry? Fantasy, horror? I think that's everything... oh yeah! Be sure to check out the rules!

Hope you enjoy the site!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:00 am
Demeter says...

Hey there!

What fun to have real veterans around! (I'm sorry, I didn't mean any offense. :)) YWS is probably loads different from the original TYWC, but I hope that's not a problem to you.

I'm Demeter, or D, Dem, or Meter. Choose whichever you like, haha. :)

You have a daughter, too! I bet she's really cute, little kids usually are.

Anyway, if there are any problems, just PM me and I'll try to help. See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:46 pm
Firearris says...

Hello, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. Haha, no doubt you'll run into some familiar people. ;) What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

i like that the title of dr jekyll and mr hyde makes a clear stance that the embodiment of one’s own evil doesn’t get a claim to the doctorate
— waywardxwallflower