z

Young Writers Society

Hey!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:15 pm
Creaking Silence says...

Hi everyone. I'm Charlie, or Creaking Silence. Whichever you prefer. I've been writing a lot since I was a kid. Lately, I have started a novel (or novella, depending on how long the book is) called Veronica. It's a Sci-Fi book about two men that inspect ruins of a crashed aeroship, and they meet aliens. Yeah, it sounds kind of cheesy when I state it that way, but oh well. I really like it.

I've always wanted to be part of a writer's group. It always seemed like so much fun to be able to talk about grammar, plot and ideas and not have other people say, "You're such a geek, Charlie!" It gets quite annoying, really.

I don't know what to talk about anymore, so I'm just gonna sign off. Bye everyone!
Last edited by Creaking Silence on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:34 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Hello Charlie!

Nice to see another new member.
Hope you have a great time here and try not to get into truble. :D
It's best to read all rules first before doing anything. Just to let you know.

Well,
See ya,
-Amber
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:08 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hi Charlie! I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. Nice to meet you. The young writers society is proud to have a member who is passionate about writing and liking grammar like you. You're not a geek, if liking literature is wrong than I don't want to be right! I can't wait to read your novel It sounds interesting. Anywho, good luck and beat wishes! Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:28 pm
Emerson says...

Excuse me, geek is a compliment. :P

Welcome to the site, Charlie! If you have any questions or need help finding something around the site, feel free to pm me. You'll find YWS is perfect for discussing all those things! So I really hope you enjoy it. You write sci-fi? Do you write anything else, or just that?

Oh! And since you're working on a novel, you might want to join The Novelists usergroup.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:35 pm
Creaking Silence says...

Ambercoultis - Thanks for the greetings. I've read through all of the rules, and such. I'm having a blast so far.

Blacktiger3915 - Haha. I've just posted the first part of Veronica, if you'd like to take a look. Thanks for greeting me.

Suzanne - I write a little bit of everything, really. Except poetry. I can't write that worth my life. My current novel(la) is called Veronica. It's Sci-Fi. I've never worked with the genre, but it is really fun so far.

Thank you all!
Even a fly doesn't get a pat on the back until he gets the job done.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:36 pm
Sapphire says...

Hi, welcome to the site!

I agree, 'geek' is a compliment. :lol:
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:03 pm
niteowl says...

This is the third time I've attempted to post a welcome for you. First time I accidentally hit the back button, second time I X'd out of another page and it X'd out YWS as well. Obviously there is some higher power who doesn't want you to get a gift. So I am going to very quickly say welcome, your avatar's pretty, and my gift-giving robot doesn't like you because he also happens to be named Charlie. He's a brat sometimes. Just ignore him.

Now, here's your gift, before a mysterious virus takes over my computer and prevents me from giving you one. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 am
Demeter says...

Hi there, Charlie!

Welcome to YWS! I go by Demeter, which is quite obvious, I think. Some people call me also D, Dem, or Meter. Sometimes even Metre. :D

You've already given that much reviews, that's great! Reviewing is an important part of being a YWSer, and you'll get points, which are an important part of posting one's own work. You might also want to check out the About section, for there are lots of helpful stuff for new ones! :)

In here, you'll find plenty of people to talk about grammar with you! :D This is quite a large community, so you can basically talk about anything here.

Have a superb time here in YWS and PM me if there are any problems!

See you around,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:13 pm
Gahks says...

Hey there Charlie!

Welcome from England! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); nice to see you!

Thanks for reviewing some of my poems already; it's good to see newbies getting into the critiquing spirit so quickly!

From your plotline for "Veronica," it sounds as though you like Sci-Fi - am I right? I prefer crime myself, but I would love to see some poetry if you have written any. Do you have any hobbies or interests? I enjoy cycling, public speaking and languages.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

See you around!

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:22 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Charlie, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman