z

Young Writers Society

Greetings from some place exotic (I promise!)

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:33 pm
Avens Dolor says...

Hello, all!

My name is Anna, but feel free to call me Avens--I'm happy to go by both.

I'm seventeen and am very excited about starting college this fall, where I plan to major in English Language and Lit.

On my own time, I mainly write YA Fantasy novels and more LitFic-heavy short stories. That said, I will gladly read anything thrown in my general direction.

Although I've been writing for years, this is the first time that I've looked into communities online. I do take on NaNoWriMo ever year, though, and absolutely love those forums, so I hope to find the same sense of family here (I mean, who doesn't want a house full of eccentric writers?)

As to my current exotic coordinates, well that's very Hush-Hush Top Secret.

Okay, it's Thailand. I'm visiting family here until mid-July, so my internet is kind of touch-and-go for the next few weeks, but I hope to be around enough to get settled in and learn some names.

Nice to meet you, strangers!

Anna/Avens

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:04 pm
Rydia says...

Hey there Anna, it's lovely to meet you! Welcome to the site!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live when you're not in Thailand? And what other hobbies do you have, are you interested in any sports?

If you have trouble finding your way around the forums, want to talk to someone or would like a critique then feel free to pm me! See you around,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:29 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey there Avens! I'm Stella, and I'm sorry to say that I don't have family in any exotic places, unless you count London as exotic (most people don't) and I've got a long way to go before I get to uni :D. So I hope you like it here, it's quite a small, close community, everybody is really supportive. I hope you enjoy yourself.

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

-Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:44 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello I am SimonCowellLuver but everyone calls me SCL or Simon but it don't matter. Welcome to YWS!!! (Young Writer's Society) if you don't know. Its ok your new. XD Hope you find everythin g to your approval. If you need any help or any questions. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Have a good day. Good luck in college. XD

SimonCowellLuver :) ^_^
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:46 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome!!! Thailand? That sounds interesting. More interesting than Michigan (where I was born, currently am, and will probably die), to say the least.

Anyway, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
Last edited by niteowl on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:08 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there, Anna-slash-Avens!

Welcome to YWS! I go by name Demeter, but some people call me D, Dem, Meter, funnily enough. :) Wow, Thailand! On the mainland or on some island? I visited a Thai island Koh Samui in January, it was really great! You're lucky to be there. I love travelling.

Wow (again), you're a NaNoWriMoer! I should take part this year, maybe. There's a forum for NaNoWriMo here, so you might want to check it out for tips and experiences.

Remember also the check the About section on top of the page, there are some helpful stuff. I hope you'll find this place rewarding and cozy! Any questions? Just PM me. See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:55 pm
Alainna says...

Heya Anna and welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

If you ever need anything at all then feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out. Check out the FAQ's and Guide if you haven't already.

Ah, Thailand - now that is very cool. 8)

As for finding a YWS family; that should be easy. We're more or less all one big, happy, dysfunctional family here.

All the best and I'll see you around,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:21 am
Avens Dolor says...

kitty15 wrote:Hey there Anna, it's lovely to meet you! Welcome to the site!

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live when you're not in Thailand? And what other hobbies do you have, are you interested in any sports?

If you have trouble finding your way around the forums, want to talk to someone or would like a critique then feel free to pm me! See you around,

Heather xx

I normally live in the US; I'll be in Minnesota for college. Freezing, I'm sure, but that's okay.
Hobby-wise, I'm a photographer; sport-wise, well, I'm just uncoordinated. I like to watch, though, if other people are.

Nice to meet all of you!

Anna

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:02 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:10 pm
Gahks says...

Hello there, stranger!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad to meet you! I bet it's just as hot out here in sunny England as in Thailand!

So I see you enjoy fantasy? I'm more into crime myself, but I also adore poetry: it's such an expressive medium, more so than prose in my opinion.

Do you have any hobbies or interests? I enjoy cycling, debating/public speaking and languages.

Good luck with your Lang/Lit studies; I'm starting AS English Literature next September!

Feel free to PM me if you want reviews, a heads-up or general direction-finding.

See you around!

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:58 pm
View Likes
blacktiger3915 says...

Hello. I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. Nice to meet you Anna. How are you?

I hope you'll have a great time here and have a great time in college! I wish I was going now.... still in high school and 17 (birthday late) but it's my last year.

Anyway, I will look forward to reading your works and best wishes! Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:29 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hi and welcome to yws hope you enjoy this site its additive.
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge