z

Young Writers Society

Hiya there

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:27 am
LilzGold says...

Hiya there, I'm LilzGold (well, I guess you could just call me Lilz) and I have been writing since I was what? 7 or something. To be honest, I can't remember as I have a very bad memory >.<

I always seem to be coming up with new ideas for stories that it's exhausting. And it gets pretty annoying when I have a good idea, have nowhere to write it down and then lose the idea altogether. Lovely when that happens, ain't it?

I enjoy all sorts of writing and don't really have favourites. I love to write, but I only really write a scene that interests me. I'm quite lazy and don't have enough dedication to write something that's long =p

So yeah, hi :)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:57 am
Demeter says...

Hi, Lilz!

Welcome to YWS! My name is Demeter (not really, haha) but also D, Dem, and Meter are used.

I've also been writing since I was very young! What kind of stories do you write? And what about poems? There are big forums for everything, so you'll surely get reviews. And even better, actually good and helpful ones. The kind that's hard to get from friends or family.

As you're new, it may be difficult to get started at first, so I advise you to check out the About section on top of the page. You can find all the help you'll be needing there. But if there's anything you'd like to know, and you don't find it there or anywhere, just PM me and I'll try to help the best I can! :D

There's also a rule that you must do at least two reviews before you'll start to post stories or poems. And after that, try to do two reviews toward every piece of your own. It's not that scrupulous, just about.

So – what's your favourite book? Author?

Enjoy your time! :D

See you around,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:12 am
C.J. Mustang says...

hey, Lilz! you can call me CJ. I've been writing for a while, too. Welcome to YWS! You're going to love it. I can barely stay away from it! if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
Sorry, I don't have any leeches on my speed dial.
~Jacob Black

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:55 am
Sapphire says...

Hi, welcome! I'm another one addicted to this website. :lol:

I'm sure there are hundreds here who can relate to losing ideas before having the chance to write them down - you'll find lots of like-minded folks here!

If you have any questions or need a review or anything, just send me a PM. :)
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:26 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Lilz! Welcome to YWS! Everybody here calls me Stella. I've also been writing since I was really little. And I also procrastinate a lot and rarely finish stories. I have onereally good idea that I'm afraid to write down because I'll never finish it :D.

So yeah. I'm here if you need anything, I hang out around Storybooks and Fiction, so you'll find me there. Send me a PM if you want!

Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:49 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hey Lilzgold I am SimonCowellLuver or SCL it don't matter. Welcome to the site. Its really fun here. I enjoy it a lot and I assure you, you will have a fun time to because there is a lot to do around here just to name a few is post stories, plays, poems or other things you want. You can chat in the chat room.

You can listen in on the YWS Radio and there is much more where that came from.

If you have any questions about anything feel free to let me know by pm messages. Ok Have fun XD.

SimonCowellLuver :roll:
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:51 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Lilz and welcome!!! Just so you know, we ask that every member review at least two other works before posting their own. There's other important rules, which you should read in the "About" section.

Yep, losing ideas is annoying. Try carrying around a little notebook with you. I do that. Of course, I don't utilize it correctly anymore. It's just become the place where I write my schedule.

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:27 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hi Lilz!

I have that same problem; if I think of a good idea and can't write it down, I forget it. Maybe not all of it, but certain aspects, the finer details of it. But that actually hasn't happened to me in a long time, thankfully, because I always have a pen or two on me, and if I don't have paper, I just write it on my hand:) But there's usually some scrap of paper around.

So do you mostly like to write short stories, is that it? What kind of stories are they usually? Fantasy? Fan-fic? Sci-fi? Somewhere in-between?
I'd love to come review something of yours any time you want, just let me know.
Just to let you know, though, before you post any of your own stuff, you need to do two reviews. And after that try to keep your reviews versus your own works posted at a 2:1 ratio. We don't have a lot of rules apart from that, except use proper English (No Chatspeak!), and no dissing other members.

Have fun checking everything out, and if you get stuck, lost, overwhelmed, etc., feel free to come to me with any questions:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:08 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:49 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Lilz, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.
— Walter Benjamin