z

Young Writers Society

Hi.

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:00 am
Gravityisdead says...

Hey,

I'm new to the forums, so nice to meet you all. :)

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:05 am
Meshugenah says...

Hi! *waves* Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Now... what do you write? Any hobbies? A long as you're not a Dodgers or Yankees fan, we'll get along just fine :P

Hope you enjoy the site!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:27 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:42 pm
Alainna says...

Hello and welcome to the one and only YWS!! *hands out free notepads*

Well, if you ever need anything then feel free to send me a pm. I'm always happy to help.

What do you write? Books you like? Favourite flavour of ice-cream?

All the best,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:29 pm
Gravityisdead says...

Meshugenah wrote:Hi! *waves* Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Now... what do you write? Any hobbies? A long as you're not a Dodgers or Yankees fan, we'll get along just fine :P

Hope you enjoy the site!

Bek

Hey,

Thanks. :)
& I will do.

I like to write plays and short stories but I have to admit I’m quite new to it all.
Anyway, it’s nice to meet you.
:D

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:34 pm
Gravityisdead says...

Alainna wrote:Hello and welcome to the one and only YWS!! *hands out free notepads*

Well, if you ever need anything then feel free to send me a pm. I'm always happy to help.

What do you write? Books you like? Favourite flavour of ice-cream?

All the best,
Alainna
xxx

Hey,

Thank you.
& I will do. :)

I like to try and write a range of things but plays and short stories are what I write mostly, however I’m quite to new to it all.
Erm I like to try out a variety of different books but I can’t say I’m an avid reader but I’m getting better.
I’m hoping to start reading more plays, so if you can suggest any good ones worth reading feel free to PM me or leave a few names.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:37 pm
View Likes
Gravityisdead says...

casey_kent wrote:Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME

Hey,

Thanks for all your help. :)

:)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:06 pm
Emerson says...

Hullo!

Welcome to YWS! I'll just be redundant and say that if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Plays are wonderful. Suggestions? I read several of Oscar Wilde's plays. He really inspired me, and he has great dramatic irony, which is the best kind of irony there is. There is also a short play by Susan Glaspell I read at the beginning of my American Lit course - Trifles - which inspired me to write my one-act play. Hmmm. Oh, Henrik Ibsen's The Doll House is wonderful. I've only read a handful of plays, and they're usually the classic ones. I dabbled in play writing, and I can say reading them is a great help when writing them! I also have this book called The Playwright's Handbook by Frank Pike and Thomas G. Dunn. I only skimmed through certain parts of it, but it's incredebly helpful.

I'm excited to see your works! I hope you get something together soon. :) Enjoy YWS!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:17 pm
Gravityisdead says...

Suzanne wrote:Hullo!

Welcome to YWS! I'll just be redundant and say that if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Plays are wonderful. Suggestions? I read several of Oscar Wilde's plays. He really inspired me, and he has great dramatic irony, which is the best kind of irony there is. There is also a short play by Susan Glaspell I read at the beginning of my American Lit course - Trifles - which inspired me to write my one-act play. Hmmm. Oh, Henrik Ibsen's The Doll House is wonderful. I've only read a handful of plays, and they're usually the classic ones. I dabbled in play writing, and I can say reading them is a great help when writing them! I also have this book called The Playwright's Handbook by Frank Pike and Thomas G. Dunn. I only skimmed through certain parts of it, but it's incredebly helpful.

I'm excited to see your works! I hope you get something together soon. :) Enjoy YWS!

Hey,

Thanks.
Nice to meet you. :)

I haven’t read many plays but I’ve seen a lot of Oscar Wilde’s work around just never had the chance to read any of it. I’ll have to try and get hold of some of his work, as I think it would be helpful to get some background knowledge in how plays should be structured so I can start to write some of my own. It may also be helpful to get hold of The Playwrights Handbook. I will look into all those suggestions, thanks for all your help.

Sean. :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:19 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, Gravityisdead! (Do you have any nicknames I could use? :))

Welcome to YWS, the greatest forum for young writers like us! I'm afraid I can't recommend any plays as I haven't really read them that much, only a few Finnish plays and they can't be of much joy to you, I suppose? What a long sentence... It's cool that you write them, though, I'll definitely check them out if you like!

So, I'm being quite repetitive now, but I hope you'll enjoy your time here, and PM me if you need anything!

See you around
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:37 pm
Gravityisdead says...

Demeter wrote:Hello, Gravityisdead! (Do you have any nicknames I could use? :))

Welcome to YWS, the greatest forum for young writers like us! I'm afraid I can't recommend any plays as I haven't really read them that much, only a few Finnish plays and they can't be of much joy to you, I suppose? What a long sentence... It's cool that you write them, though, I'll definitely check them out if you like!

So, I'm being quite repetitive now, but I hope you'll enjoy your time here, and PM me if you need anything!

See you around
Demeter xx

Hey Demeter,

I don’t really have any nicknames but you can call me Sean if you like.
Thanks for all your help. Don’t worry about not being able to suggest any plays Suzanne left a few for me to look into so that should be enough for the meantime.

See you around,
Sean.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:21 am
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome Gravityisdead! Although I really hope gravity isn't actually dead, seeing as it holds everything together... :P

I'm not much of a play reader, so I can't help you on that. Sorry.

I can, however, give you a gift. Which I shall do right now: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:01 pm
Gravityisdead says...

niteowl wrote:Hi and welcome Gravityisdead! Although I really hope gravity isn't actually dead, seeing as it holds everything together... :P

I'm not much of a play reader, so I can't help you on that. Sorry.

I can, however, give you a gift. Which I shall do right now: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044

Hey niteowl,

Thanks.
Its nice to meet you. :)

Dont worry about not being able to suggest any plays I've managed to find a few titles.

:lol: Thank you for the gift!

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:55 pm
Swottielottie says...

Hello, GravityisDead. When is the funeral? I would like to pay my respects to gravity... (sob sob)

Anyway... Welcome to YWS!
You'll love it here, I'm sure and I can't wait to read your stuff!

PM if you need any help or just a chat.

Charlotte~ The official Burtonite of YWS

Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:57 am
Gravityisdead says...

Hey Swottielottie,

Thanks for your help.
Nice to meet you. :)

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster