z

Young Writers Society

Hello, hello, hello...

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:00 am
Sofiel says...

Greetings from planet Meemo/Marina/Marmar. Whichever, whatever one you wish.

Most people say something about themselves... so here goes. I'm 13-would-be-14-if-my-birthday-wasn't-so-dang-late-in-the-year, and in about 5 days I'm going to be out of middle school (finally) and into high school.

I've been addicted to reading ever since I discovered books. That was in grade 1, I think. I am also addicted to singing, taking pictures, and West Wing. I did most of my writing for school assignments, and always enjoyed it when I did, but have recently decided to write a novel. There's a huge story behind that, but I'll stow it. Short version; I wrote 11 poems for an assignment when I needed only 5 and have been hooked on writing ever since. I pretty much loves all books, no discrimination here... But I'm particularly fond of fantasy.

I want to take a few writing courses, because the classes at school are rather repetitive, and really, really boring. So If any one has any suggestions for online courses they found helpful, it would be much appreciated. I found YWS by searching Google for "new young writers forum". Yeah, you can find anything on Google. Okay, I'm going to stop rambling now. Au revoir!
Last edited by Sofiel on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toby: "Of COURSE I wrote a concession. What - you want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high a top the thing?"
Sam: "...No"
Toby: "Then go outside, turn around three times and spit. What the hell is the matter with you?!"

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:04 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

I am addicted to reading too.

well, if you have any question or you feel like you need a friend, feel free to PM me.

PS: what of type do you write? I, myself, write Fanfiction and Romantic Fiction.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

12 Reviews

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:14 am
Sofiel says...

Hi,
Thanks. I'm gunna throw a question out there (mostly because I have no clue how to PM)... favourite books? I write mostly fantasy, teen fiction, and such. Just can't get enough of mythology or the supernatural :D ... Oop, another question. What, exactly, is fanfiction? (I'm extremely new to this.)
Toby: "Of COURSE I wrote a concession. What - you want to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high a top the thing?"
Toby: "Then go outside, turn around three times and spit. What the hell is the matter with you?!"

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:01 am
Firearris says...

Hello Marina, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, Arri, Arria, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:05 am
Demeter says...

Hello, Marmar!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Demeter aka. D, Dem, or Meter. Haha. :)

You asked how to PM someone. Well, for example, when you look under my signature in this message, you'll see two links there: "profile" and "PM me!" Then just click "PM me!" and write your message. Then click "submit". You can also go to my (or anyone else's) profile, and there you'll find (on the left) the avatar of the person you want contact, and under it there's a link "PM me" or something like that.

And your another question: what's fan-fiction? Well, that's not exactly my cup of tea, either, but I know something. As far as I'm concerned, you write a so-called fan story about something you're into; e.g. Star Wars. So you like write a story with the Star Wars (or whatever) characters, but make a plot yourself. That's what I think, but if I am extremely wrong, please someone correct it.

Well, I hope I was of any help. You can PM me anytime (now that you can do it :)) if you have questions or need a review or just want to talk. I'm here. :D

Have a great time!

See you around,
Demeter xx (who's 15-but-would-be-16-if-her-birthday-wasn't-so-dang-late-in-the-year) :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:50 am
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!! *hands out free books*

I think Demeter answered your questions and Firearris gave you all the important links so all that's left for me to do is tell you that you can always PM me for anything. If you have any questions then you can contact me with those, or if you need a crit, or even just a chat. I don't bite (most of the time :D ).

Please be aware that we have a 2-1 crit to post ratio here, so make sure to do some reviews before you post your own stuff. Just a heads up. :wink:

Anyways, all the best and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xx

P.S. I really like your username.
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:33 pm
[deleted1] says...

Hello, Sofiel! Welcome to YWS! I'm Rick. For ever two reviews you have, you can post one of your own work. Also, after you have twenty-five reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom. If you have any questions/concerns, PM me.

Blue names- Greeters.

Purple names- Instructors.

Light green names- Jr. Mods.

Dark green names- Mods.

Red names- Admins.

Bye!

-Rick.

12 Reviews

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 am
Sofiel says...

Oh my, there's a welcome wagon! :D

Firearris/Fiery: My hobbies are many, and varied. I like to play baseball, watch West Wing, bead and knit, collect plush owls, and avoid school. I have three dogs, one of which is all mine. In grade 7, I did my speech on the furry speed bumps. Cuddles is my dog, and the one I wanted to name Rainbow-cotton-candy. My father then informed me that he would NOT stand on the front porch, yelling at the top of his lungs, "RAINBOW-COTTON-CANDY!". Rascal is my sister's dog, and he does not seem to realise he is pint sized. He's a little angel, until another dog comes around. Then he turns into a miniature devil. We needed to get him an extra-EXTRA small muzzle. Coon is humongous, but totally harmless. I read anything I can get my hands on, but love fantasy. Teen fiction is alright, and I sometimes find myself picking up one of my mother's books. Some of them are... questionable -"The Omnivore's Dilemma" being one of her favourites. What genre is your favourite?

Meter: Thank you so much. Really, you have no clue how helpful that was. :)

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:29 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:17 am
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome, Meemo!!! Since the bases have been covered and I'm not feeling terribly creative today, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
— Paul Brandt