z

Young Writers Society

I'm weird! And proud of it!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:11 pm
Heidigirl666 says...

I've never posted on this bit, despite that I do like to talk about myself, mostly because I like to surprise people.

This is me, complex, and hopefully interesting:

-I still have a teddy bear. It stays at the bottom of my bed most of the time, but if I'm without it, I miss it.

-I like single malt whiskies, good wines and real ale. I hate alcopops and clubbing. Even though I'm only twenty.

-I don't have any friends my own age. I don't even get anyone my own age; they're a mystery to me. The one conversation I had with my brother's girlfriend (who's about a year younger than me) was about a cat on a roof. Literally. I just cannot do small talk, and don't see the point in it. But if someone gets onto politics, social issues etc, I can talk forever, and enjoy it. Maybe that's why I enjoy talking to my parents friends much more, despite them constantly teasing me and asking if I'm old enough to drink. :roll:

-I'm scared of telephones. Not in an 'ahh, it's a telephone' type way, but when one rings I feel genuinely sick. Really sick. To the point where I can't give my number out to people for fear of them ringing me. The same goes for the doorbell, despite that I can usually manage even in another language.

-I've never got successfully past my GCSEs (though I got all 'A's there) because I just couldn't be bothered. I have no ambition. Other than writing, nothing else motivates me, not even the idea of 'I could do this until...'. I'd like to go to university, but I wouldn't mind what I did, and if it involved having to go back to do my 'A' levels I'd rather not go at all than have to do that.

-I have two brothers and two sisters. Yes, that makes five.

-I often feel quite disadvantaged in that I come from a very middle class family. That doesn't make for interesting experiences to write about.

-I know I sound posh. I can't help it. I can be a bit of a snob too when it comes to social awareness, drinking habits etc. I can't help that either.

-Sometimes I think I should have been born in the past. Like a hundred years in the past or something. Getting married and not having to worry about careers and money would have suited me fine.

-I'm bisexual. I'm totally in love with Keira Knightley. The best dream I ever had was that she moved in next door to us and came out as a lesbian. :smt054 And then she asked me out. :-D But if Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp wanted to move in next door to us, that would be fine too. I came out when i was 18. It was the most relieving thing I've ever done.

-I still live with my parents, but I am going off to Australia in October with my little sister.

-My little sister is my best friend. I love her more than anything. She's just brilliant. But I am sometimes jealous of her, because she's done everything right.

-I wrote my first book when I was 13. It was dreadful. But I only took three months to write an 85000 word book. I always secretly thought that was impressive.

-I detest Harry Potter. I've often got the urge to write J.K. Rowling a letter detailing all the mistakes/ terrible writing that's in the books. I get the urge to go through every book with a red pen and correct it. I hate it when people say things like 'J.k. got rejected by 9 publishers before she got accepted...' Yeah. That's 9 people who didn't think she was so brilliant. When people talk about her being of literary merit, I get boiling mad.

-If a first line of a book doesn't grab me, I won't read it. I'll have none of this 'you have to read a few pages to get into it' rubbish. If it doesn't grab me in the first page, I put it down. But otherwise I'll read almost everything. I love history books.

-I've lived in Switzerland for 4 years. I love it, but I don't speak much German. I can still get by though, so it's not so big a deal.

-I want to live in Oz, just to buy a house from a house lot and have a veranda witha corrugated metal roof, simply for the sound it makes when it rains.

-I've got to get up at 4am on Friday. Ahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

And I can't think of anything else, but aren't I weird????
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye