Hello, I'm Linnaeus

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:07 pm
Linnaeustaxonomist says...

Hello everybody! I'm Linnaeus Taxonomist, or at least, when the real

Linnaeus was alive he was a Taxonomist.

:backtotopic: , Anyway, I'm sure this is a very open community to learn

and write in. I can't wait to critique some of your writing!

( :smt013 this sounds so cheesy!) That pretty much sums up what I

meant to say, anyhow.
"One chooses to live happily, well rested and happy, wheras another also chooses to be depressed, tired and irritated. However, in many cases, there is no choosing of social status"

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:17 pm
Alainna says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!! *stares at user-name and gulps*

Do you have a preferable nickname? Hehe.

If you ever need anything then feel free to pm me and I'll help you out as best as I can. Check out the FAQ's and Guide, situated in this forum - they really help. We also have a 2:1 critique to work ratio here, just a heads up.

So, what do you write? Books you like?

All the best and I hope you like it here,
Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:45 pm
moosiegirl says...

Hayy!! Linnaeus Taxonomist!! Cool name and welcome to YWS!! *insert applause here* Ok some orders of buisness:
*contests- join some :)
*chat room-talk there
*reviewing work-2per every 1entry u make
*have fun- pretty self explanitory :)
if you need any help or just wanna pm me or if you want critique work...
Good Luck! See you around?
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:42 am
niteowl says...

Your username confused me at first, because I haven't thought much about taxonomy since 10th grade. But then I remembered that Linneus was the dude who came up with kingdoms and phylums and the like. So...sweet username.

Anyway, here's my favorite robot, Cheesium announcerous, better known as Charlie.

UHH...NITE, CAN I JUST CALL HIM LINN? OR MAYBE I WON'T CALL HIM ANYTHING AND JUST GIVE THE GUY WITH THE RIDICUOUSLY LONG USERNAME A GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
Last edited by niteowl on Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:34 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:56 am
Demeter says...

Hey, LT! (I'm sorry, but I refuse to type your whole name, even though it's pretty cool)

I'm Demeter. Some people call me D, Dem, or Meter. And don't worry, that wasn't cheesy at all! :)

I'm sorry, I just woke up, so I don't have any particularly witty things to say right now. I just wish you luck around here, and hopefully you'll come to enjoy this place as much as I do. Maybe even more? Nah. That's not possible.

Anyway, don't hesitate to PM me in case of emergency. You can also PM if there wasn't any emergency. PM me anytime, that is to say. See you around!

Best wishes
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:13 pm
blackmist_riverfrost says...

Hi. You may call me Natasha. I do consider myself a good writer. I do think that my skills could be improved though.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:12 am
Firearris says...

Hello Linnaues, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:42 pm
[deleted1] says...

Hello, Linnaeustaxonomist! Welcome to YWS! I'm Rick. For ever two reviews you have, you can post one of your own work. Also, after you have twenty-five reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom. If you have any questions/concerns, PM me.

Blue names- Greeters.

Purple names- Instructors.

Light green names- Jr. Mods.

Dark green names- Mods.

Red names- Admins.

Bye!

-Rick.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:19 pm
Stori says...

Ok, I think everybody else covered the bases. Except to say, I think your name is cool. Kyte
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare