z

Young Writers Society

Hello Everyone

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:58 am
pouxb says...

So, I don't know what to say. I love to write, have loved it since 2nd grade. I love to read other people's writing. I love to read and write science fiction but, I am not limited to that genre. Hope to get and give some good feedback here. So hello everyone, see you around.

Pouxb

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:07 am
Emerson says...

Hello!

Welcome to the YWS! So, Scifi? Who are your favorite authors? (I may not recognize them...heh.) If you have any questions about the site, or need help finding something, feel free to message me or ask here and I'll answer! Or someone else well. :)

I hope you enjoy the site!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:03 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 am
Demeter says...

Welcome, Pouxb! (How do you pronounce that? :))

What would be greater place for writing, reading and actually good feedback than YWS? That's right – nothing! :) This is seriously an amazing site, and I hope you'll enjoy your time here. I'm sure you will.

casey_kent has already pointed out the Rules thing, so I won't be doing that, too. Instead, I'm going to question you a little, haha. What do you read? What are your favourite authors? What is the best book ever? What else do you do than writing? Do you have hobbies? Pets? and so on. Tell us anything, it's your topic, after all.

Have a great time and don't get bitten! I'm here, if you need anything, just drop me a PM!

See you around,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:39 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Pouxb!

Oooh science fiction, eh? Have you ever read Ender's Game? Frankly I'm not really into science fiction, but that is one of my favorite books in the world.
So, what form do you usually write your science fiction in? Short stories? Or have you tried writing (a) novel(s)? Or maybe sci-fi poetry!!!!! ... *cough* That would be quite interesting, actually.

Anyway, this is definitely the place for giving/getting feedback. If you ever wanted to give Me some good feedback, I won't be the one to stop you;) Of course, if poetry isn't exactly your cup of tea, I absolutely understand. But I would definitely love to do some reviews for you, so if you ever want one, let me know!

Have fun checking this place out!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:48 pm
Alainna says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!! *hands out party poppers*

As the others have already said, you're in the right place for some good feedback.

Now, if you ever need anything then just send a pm flying my way and I'll be more than happy to help. The people with light blue names are all Greeters and we're here to answer any initial questions you might have.

All the best with your writing and I hope you like it here,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:52 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello and Welcome to the YWS (Young Writer's Society.) I hope you find everything in order and people are kind to you and everything.

I am SimonCowellLuver by the way but people just call me SCL.

If you have questions or concerns feel free to pm me anytime ok. :D

See ya around :shock: SCL
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:20 pm
niteowl says...

I think I tried welcoming you yesterday, but the post got deleted. :( So I will simply have to re-type it.

Luckily, there's not much for me to re-type. After all, you only need one Rules speech in your welcome post, so...time to bring in the dancing monkeys!!!

What? We don't have any dancing monkeys? How can we have a welcome party without dancing monkeys? Any ideas, Charlie?

NOW NITE, THIS MAY JUST BE MY POOR MEMORY, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE WE'VE EVER HAD DANCING MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!! WE DO, HOWEVER, HAVE DANCING PINK ELEPHANTS!!! :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: AND A SLEW OF OTHER SMILIES, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS A GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt016 :smt026 :smt024 :smt031 :smt032 :smt050 :smt059 :smt060 :smt072 :smt069 :smt080 :pirate1: :smt077 :smt020 :smt029 :smt027 :smt055 :smt046 :smt043 :smt035 :smt048
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl