z

Young Writers Society

Hey Everyone

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:27 pm
ToughCookie says...

Hey everyone!
My name is Jossi (Like Jo-Z). I was writing this earlier and then my computer went off and everything i wrote was gone! :( Now im trying to write it over but i can't remember what i wrote the first time and so i'm getting frustrated. :x Anywho... I found this site and i figure since i love to write, why not, also I really love to read what other people my age are writing and since im sure none of my stuff could compare, i look forward to reading and lending my opinion. Hmm let's see i guess i'll tell you a little about myself. I'm 18 and in 2 days i'll be a high school graduate ( woo). I live with the parents( hopefully not for much longer) and my younger brother and sister, who all have made their goal in life to make mine impossible. I like music and books and anime and all sorts of other stuff.

Oh and the reason for the name tough cookie is cuz one of my friends feels the need to say " Jossi! the tough cookie!!" when ever she see's me. That and because i couldn't think of anything smart or witty while registering.

Anywho...I Look forward to checking this site out and all that.

Later, Jossi

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:33 am
Meshugenah says...

haha, parents can be tough. But as anxious to get away from them as I was last year, I missed them once I was at school!

Anyhoo! Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me! I usually know what's going on 'round here ;) Make sure you read the rules (under the "About" button at the top of the page), and enjoy the site!

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:04 am
piepiemann22 says...

Nice to meet you. We've been getting a lot of new recruits for the site lately. It's so exciting! :P

Any way, if you ever need any help just let me know, you'll find we're all very friendly. Also let me know when you post something, I'd love to read it.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:35 am
View Likes
moosiegirl says...

Hayy Jossi! Bienvenidos a Young Writers Society! This is an awesome site where you can just write, write, write! :D Some things you should check out:
* the contests- there are so many interesting ones
* reviewing peoples' work - you should do 2 reviews per each entry of your own
* the chat room- you can meet some new people there
good luck and pm me if you need any critique or help :)
I hope you enjoy YWS!
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:11 am
Emerson says...

Welcome to YWS!

What genre do you like to write? I really hope you like YWS! But if you do have any questions or find yourself confused, feel free to PM me!

There isn't much else to say. ^^ You're older than me! But a month or so. You sound fun. And Jossi is a pretty name! That's all I have, haha.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:14 am
ToughCookie says...

Nice to meet you guys!!
So far i like this site and im starting to think i might actually post some things here, everyone seems nice enough ^.^ Anyway to answer Suzanne's question, It all depends on what mood im in. Ive written love stories, science fiction, short stories and even the random poem. I even once wrote a badass action storie about a band of penguins that save the world from destruction! Haha so i gues i write in all genres, but the one i enjoy the most is comedy. ^.^ but like i said it all depends in what mood im in.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:57 am
View Likes
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:23 am
Demeter says...

Hey Jo-Z!

Welcome to YWS. I'm Demeter, D, Dem or Meter. Don't ask where all those nicknames came from, they made them! *points at other YWSers* :)

You seem to write pretty much everything, what? That's great! I look forward to reading some of it ;) What's your favourite book, or do you have any particular?

Well, I hope you'll have a superb time, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have anything to ask! See you around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:44 am
ToughCookie says...

Nice to meet you Dem and Casey_kent!
Haha.. idk about my favorite book, thats such a hard question! haha my heads already spinning. lets see...nope to hard my head will explode!!

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:26 pm
Gahks says...

Hey Jossi from England!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); glad you could join in the antics! Really like the username by the way - says so much about your personality, in a good way!

I see you enjoy music, books and anime; I like music and books too but I also count cycling and public speaking among my hobbies! Have you any others? What sort of stuff do you like to read or write? Me, I'm into crime fiction although I adore poetry!

Drop me a PM if you want crits or general help.

See you around and look forward to reading some of your work!

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:42 pm
GordonRamsayLuver says...

Ello I am GordonRamsayLuver but people call me GRL for short.
I guess your a tough guy. lol Welcome to YWS. It is cool around here all the time. If you have questions about anything feel free to pm me anytime.

See you around GRL
I'm the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Your the reason why I download hate Icons!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:16 pm
niteowl says...

Hey Jo-Z!! Welcome to YWS!!! Since it's pretty much all been said already, let me just offer you my congratulations on surviving high school and give you an awesome gift!!!

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt016 :smt026 :smt024 :smt031 :smt032 :smt050 :smt059 :smt060 :smt072 :smt069 :smt080 :pirate1: :smt077 :smt020 :smt029 :smt027 :smt055 :smt046 :smt043 :smt035 :smt048
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:38 pm
[deleted1] says...

Hello, ToughCookie! Welcome to YWS! I'm Rick. For ever two reviews you have, you can post one of your own work. Also, after you have twenty-five reviews, you can access the YWS chatroom. If you have any questions/concerns, PM me.

Blue names- Greeters.

Purple names- Instructors.

Light green names- Jr. Mods.

Dark green names- Mods.

Red names- Admins.

Bye!

-Rick.

P.S. Congratulations on graduating. :)

Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:12 am
ToughCookie says...

Nice to meet you Rickage, GRL, niteowl, and gahks! see you guys around, adn ill defenetly take you up on your offers. oh and thanks for the awsome gift niteowl! :lol:

Gahks! (Like Garks, :lol: i don't know why but when i said that outloud it made me giggle) anyway I like to ride a bike everyonce in a while, like at the beach, but i'm not good with public speaking, i get nervous and i ramble. so kudos on that! :D

Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:50 pm
Gravityisdead says...

Hey,

I'm also new to YWS, but hope you enjoy the site. :)

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind