Young Writers Society

Hey

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:27 pm
Logic says...

*resists urge not to rate R*

Hey!

My name's Logic (not really), and I live in England, and I'm 14... oh ye, and I love to write! I've been browsing round here for a few days, finally deciding to join (I am a slow decision-maker!) So um... ye. I like fantasy, bits o' symbolism and generally the fun of writing! Oh ye, and my favourite book is the The Book Thief. :-D Hopefully we can share ideas and become better writers, de?

See you about!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:33 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS!

You should have rated it R! I mean... I'm not a bad influence. Really. Or prone to playing tricks like that on people. Honest. But really, the "R" option can be a bit like the Big Red Button, but as long as it's rated R when it has to be, s'all good!

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to PM me!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:26 pm
Sam says...

Hey, Logic! Welcome aboard.

Psh, if you've been looking around the boards, does that mean I can't tell you to go read the rules/critique a lot? You're no fun. XD If you missed something, though, feel free to PM me if you've got any questions about the site, about reviewing, or about life in general.

See you around the forums!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:57 am
Bittersweet says...

Hello there! -waves enthusiastically-

I'm Bittersweet (Bitter, Sweet, Bit, Bitta, whatever you choose)! Welcome to YWS! You'll have loads of fun here. I'm pretty new too, but you learn really fast. PM if you have questions, or just want to talk. Add me as a friend if you'd like, too. S'all good! Anywhoo, The Book Thief, eh? I saw that book at a bookstore and was very tempted to buy it but never did. But because you love it so much, perhaps I shall now!

Holly

(By the way, I can see why your name is Logic, with the whole desicion making thing. You definitely picked logically! Hahaha!)
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:59 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:18 am
Demeter says...

Hey there, Logic!

Your username is irresistible. Did you know that? :) My name's Demeter (not really :D), but some people call me D, Dem, Meter etc. But you can call me Metre, because you're British. HA HA! Gosh, I'm so funny. ;)

You know what else is irresistible than your username? YWS. And British accent. Okay. Now I'll stop this stupidness. (Well, I can't really stop it, I can just forget it, and then it comes back.)

Who's your favourite author? What genre do you mostly write? Do have other hobbies than writing? You can make up more questions and then answer to them, yay!

So, have an amazing time here in YWS, and remember to PM me if you have anything to ask or just want to talk. See yu around!

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:29 am
Emerson says...

Welcome to the site!

I hate coming a few posts late. Everyone else seems to say anything I would have liked to say, and I'm rendered useless. But what can you do?

*throws candy and gives hugs* If you have questions go ahead and bother! ^^

And enjoy yourself, of course.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

9 Reviews

Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:39 pm
Logic says...

Thanks for all the replies!

I hope to see you about :-)
Sir Logic, the puzzle of DOOM.

Meh

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:43 pm
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!!

Right, let me consult my checklist of what I need to tell you about...*runs off to come back carrying what looks like a novel* I'm only kidding!
Check out the rules and FAQ's if you haven't already and pm me if you do need anything - I'm here to help.

All the best and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:50 am
niteowl says...

Logic? Oh my God, you're back!!!! I missed you! I think you lived in my brain once but you flew out a long time ago. Did I scare you? (I am, of course, referring to the general concept of Logic, not you personally :P)

Now, you need a gift, don't you? Well, here it is. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt035 :smt036 :smt026 :smt016 :smt024 :smt029 :smt027 :smt034 :smt031 :smt020 :smt032 :smt069 :smt038 :smt034 :smt116 :smt084 :smt044
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

9 Reviews

Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:45 pm
Logic says...

Hehe!

You people are annoyingly friendly (in a very good way)! :D
Sir Logic, the puzzle of DOOM.

Meh

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:55 pm
Gahks says...

Hey there, fellow Englishman!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (pronounced 'garks'); good to have you with us! *offers hand for handshake* You can add me to the list of annoyingly friendly people! :D

What sort of stuff do you write? I enjoy crime fiction, but I'm really getting into poetry; I love it! Do you have any hobbies or interests? Me, I like cycling, badminton, languages and public speaking.

Do drop me a PM if you need anything. Don't forget to post at least two reviews before you can start submitting stuff for us to drool over!

Hope you have fun here and look forward to reading some of your work!

See you around!

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D :D :D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:20 pm
SIC says...

Ultimate welcoming gift time!
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll:
:wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :smt010 :smt011 :smt017 :smt020 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt037 :smt038 :smt039 :smt045 :smt046 :smt047 :smt053 :smt055 :smt062 :smt063 :smt064 :smt065 :smt068 :smt069 :smt072 :smt074 :smt075 :smt076 :smt077 :smt079 :smt080 :smt081 :smt082 :smt083 :smt084 :smt085 :smt086 :smt087 :smt088 :smt089 :smt090 :smt100 :smt099 :smt096 :smt095 :smt084 :smt093 :smt092 :smt091 :smt101 :smt102 :smt103 :smt104 :smt105 :smt106 :smt107 :smt108 :smt116 :smt115 :smt114 :smt113 :smt112 :smt111 :smt110 :smt109 :smt117 :smt118 :smt119 :smt120 :pirate1: :birthday: :pirate2: :piratedthread: :backtotopic: :pirate3: :ftw:
HAVE FUN!

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:07 am
moosiegirl says...

HAYY LOGIC! Welcome to YWS! This is the best place to improve your writing. I suggest you check out some contests :) The lounge is pretty amusing too...
Good luck and if you need any critique work, you know where to find me!
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket