z

Young Writers Society

Hello

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:45 am
Abocreature says...

I just joined this website about an hour ago, and I like it already! Unlike most boys my age (that I know of), I LOVE to write about romance. I have dozens of stories, but only one that I finished. It is a romantic horror story, that is only 15 pages long. It is a fan-fiction on a game that is a loose fan-fiction of the anime, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I currently have two ideas in my head about my next story.

1. A futuristic assassin named Neal was sent on a mission to kill a certain person. But, when that person turns out to be a beautiful woman by the name of Alis, he falls in love with her and gives up everything he knew to protect her. Now he is running from his evil employer, Net, who is constantly trying to kill him because of the technology that Neal stole. But, little does Neal know that Alis has a terrible secret, a secret that could change life as we know it.

2. War has taken over the world we once knew as a beautiful and peaceful land, and destroyed it. Cities have been demolished to create Construction Forts, known as Mouths of Death, that will constantly create machines to fight and kill. Mankind is killing itself because of Greed. The Apocalypse is near.
But, after the first Mouth of Death was constructed, a city was founded named Dresial. War has even affected here, for Dresial has split into four parts, Wolf, Raven, Snake, and Dragon. These sections often fight each other, causing chaos and lives to be lost. Once you graduated high school, you were taken away to become a soldier and fight for your section. However, a group of kids who noticed the evil in this decided to build an underground Haven. When the fighting got serious, the sections started assaulting each other and destroying each other. It was then and there that the kids of the Haven have realized that they are the only ones capable of making peace, of saving this world, of stopping the Apocalypse.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:50 am
Emerson says...

Welcome to YWS!

Romance, eh? :lol: Nice!

If you have any questions about the site or need help finding your way around, feel free to PM me! How'd you find YWS?
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

24 Reviews

Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:58 am
Abocreature says...

I was just looking around for a place to post my ideas for stories and I found this place.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:03 am
View Likes
Sam says...

*adopts* I think you're going to find a lot of fans. XD The fangirl to male-romance-writer ratio is rather large here.

Welcome to YWS! As you've probably no doubt heard, before you start rambling around, take a look at the rules and do some critiquing. Once you've got that down, you can settle in and post. ^_^ I'd love to read something of yours, so drop me a PM if you have something up or have a question about the site.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

24 Reviews

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:08 am
View Likes
Abocreature says...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also enjoy writing poetry! I mostly like writing Haiku's, but spoken word is fun, too.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:09 am
Areida says...

Sam wrote:*adopts* I think you're going to find a lot of fans. XD The fangirl to male-romance-writer ratio is rather large here.

So true. You're going to fit right in.

So welcome to YWS! I'm Areida, but you can call me Ari if you wish (everyone does). If you've got any questions, feel free to PM me; I'm happy to help.

See you around! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:30 am
Demeter says...

Yay, new writers!

So welcome to YWS, Abo! I'm one of the Greeters here (check the blue name) and my name's (quite obviously, haha) Demeter, or as a couple of people say, D or Dem. I found YWS in the same way than you, and I'm really happy I did, because this is just so great site!

Hmm. I can see no one else hasn't yet mentioned this, so I'm going to. Since you are new, you might want to check the Rules and FAQ (you'll find them in the About section on top of the site), there you can find all the info you'll be needing to getting started. If you already have done this, even better! :D

I bet lots of people are going to long for your writings, haha :) Just remember to do two reviews before posting your own work! That way you won't be using YWS for your own good only.

So, I hope you'll have loads of fun in YWS! You can always PM me if you need anything or just want to talk.

See you around,
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:34 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:39 pm
View Likes
aestar101 says...

Thank you lord a guy who loves romance. You have to join my group TRC. You'll be the first male in my group, I think. I totally romacne obsessed. Welcome to the YWS, you'll love it here. If you have any questions PM me.
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:55 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Bonjour!

A male romance writer who's 13? Hey, the name's Sara. Wanna go out sometime?

It looks like your pretty bent of posting these projects of yours, but it also seems that your notorious for never finishing anything. Here, at YWS, we love to critique things. Look at my signature! Nit-picking and plot analysis will hopefully allow you to kill your writer's block.

Another thing about posting - the point system. I like to explain this to all the new people. You see, somehwere lost in the Rules and FAQ, there is the "review twice, post once" rule. When you review something, or post in a forum, you usually get a number of points. The highest number of points you can get for a post is 50, because, first of all, nobody wants spammers getting 5000 points for writing, "hihihihihihihihihihihihihihihihi...."

When you post something, a story or a poem (like haiku's, which you mentioned you liked to write) it costs 100 points. It brings up a message saying, "You got 50 points!" and "You just lost 150 points!" So, yes. You lose 100 (if you post less than the minimum characters needed for 50 points, then you lose somewhere between 100-150 points).

Here at YWS there are plently of romance junkie's eager to read your work. Just don't expect everybody to come flocking to your piece if you've never reviewed anything - other people post stuff, too.

Before I finish, let me touch upon storybooks. There are a lot of romance storybooks out there, so you might enjoy being apart of them. "What the heck is a storybook, Sara?" Well, I'll tell you. A storybook is a story that somebody starts and leaves everybody else to finish. Here, I'll give an example.

I start a new storybook for 500 points, and in the post I explain the plot, characters, and whats going to happen.

I then post, "Sandra walks along the sidewalk and into a store, escaping the intense heat from outside."

You're like, "Oh, cool! A romance storybook! Let me post!" So you look at my entry and post, "Billy Joe eyes the pretty girl from across the counter and sinks into his arms, following her every movement."

I read your post and write, "Sandra noticed the boy at the counter staring at her and she smiled bashfully, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear."

You get it? If you don't, PM me or look in the storybook forums yourself. You can find them under "Writing," "Read & Review," and at the bottom, like, the second to last forum, is "Storybooks."

Have fun!
~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 pm
View Likes
Squall says...

Sup bro, and welcome to YWS.

I used to write romance (or tried too) until I realized how awkward and teenage angsty it was lol.

So yeah...welcome welcome!
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights