z

Young Writers Society

Newbie Alert!!!

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:41 am
patience_isnt says...

Hey people! I'm new here, and a little confused. :/ But that's okay, I'm sure I'll get the hang of it!

Anyways, I've joined other writing sites before, but in all of them I was one of the few teenagers. It was odd, since most of those people had degrees and masters in the English language while I haven't even graduated Middle School yet.

Better go check out the rest of the site!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:48 am
Emerson says...

Hello there!

Newbie is a naught word. You're just an awesome new member. Why are you confused? If you have any questions or need help finding your way around the site, feel free to ask here or PM me! This site can be a bit confusing at first but it's completely worth the confusion!

I love your avatar by the way. You'll find we have a big crowd here: teens, older people, college students. We're all nice though, and no one bites! (usually.) What genre do you write? How did you find the YWS? ^^ I'm nosy.

I hope to see more of you! And really, if you are lost, don't hesitate to ask questions! Anyone in green, dark or light, will answer your question. We're the [s]people who eat bad members[/s] moderators!

Have fun!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:48 am
itz cuz i luv u says...

im a newbie too and i dont get anything at all

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:27 am
Sam says...

Bah, I know. Old people = epicfail. XD

Welcome to YWS! I do hope you ramble about and have fun--like Suzanne said, ask the moderators if you have any questions. Before you post stuff, check out the rules and do some reviewing (that way, in the event that I eat you, Nate might boot me off the squad). But! I do hope you enjoy yourself. ^_^ See you around the boards, missy!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:46 am
chocoholic says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS!

You've joined other writing sites I see? Well, I'm sure you'll find that YWS is the best out of all of them.

You don't need to be confused. PM me if you have any questions. Or just ask anyone with a coloured name, they'll be happy to help you with anything you're having trouble with.

So what do you like reading and writing?

I'd recommend you have a look at the rules soon, but I'll just tell you about our reviewing rule. We like people two make two reviews before they post a work of their own, and then keep it at 2:1. I'm sure you'll be fine, but occasionally new member don't know.

Again, need any help, just ask!

chocoholic.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:39 am
Demeter says...

Hello, and welcome!

There's no need to be confused. We have Rules, Guides and FAQ (wink wink :)) and besides, lots of friendly people who are willing to help anybody! I'm sure all the people here are able to help you, but I think you'd better ask anyone with coloured name, that way you'll surely get what you want, haha :D

So, tell us something about yourself. What do you read, write, eat? Any favourite authors? Do you have hobbies? Pets? Any info is great, this is your topic, after all! And how did you find YWS? I agree, this will be most likely the best writing site you'll ever have luck to come across with!

Have a fabulous time here, and don't hesitate to contact me if there's something worrying you, I'll be glad to help the best I can!

See you around!
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:31 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:07 pm
niteowl says...

Hi Patience and welcome to YWS!! Don't worry, you'll figure it out soon enough. Just make sure you do 2 reviews before posting your own work and check out the "About" section, with all the FAQs and Guides and Rules and...Penguins. I don't think there's any penguins there, but you should double check. Because having penguins in our FAQ section would be awesome.

Now, on to the fun stuff. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt005 :smt006 :smt081 :smt061 :smt023 :smt059 :smt060 :smt040 :smt020 :smt029 :smt019 :smt103 :smt024 :smt015 :smt044 :smt116 :smt109 :smt117 :smt118 :smt102 :smt021 :smt027 :smt052
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:07 pm
GordonRamsayLuver says...

Ello I am GordonRamsayluver but its GRL for short. Welcome to YWS! You will find your way around soon because their are people to help you like us greeters. If you need help please pm me anytime and I will help you.

If you have questions feel free to contact me. Have a good day.

GordonRamsayLuver :D
I'm the type of girl who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Your the reason why I download hate Icons!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:31 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hi and welcome to yws hope you enjoy this site its additive.

also ur profile pic is awasome
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain