z

Young Writers Society

The obligatory introduction post...

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:36 pm
Antares says...

...that will no doubt leave you bored and, well, more bored.

Anyways, hello. How are you lovely people? :)

I would someday like to meet the person who invented introductory posts and hit her/him over the head with a very heavy dictionary. It might knock some sense into them.

I live in the UK and go by Nat, short for Natalie. I'll turn sixteen in September and will have to endure my families renditions of 'Sweet Sixteen'. How fun...

Nice to 'meet' you all. The last writing forum I was a member of had about a total of seventeen users so this should be quite a change. Hopefully I'll make some friends here and get a chance to improve my writing.

Take care.

:pirate1: - 'cause that's what you say when you introduce yourself.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:52 pm
Sam says...

Hey, Nat! Welcome to YWS.

If you get to throw a dictionary at their head, can I dump the Encyclopaedia Britannica...? I never know what to say. You'd think you'd get better at those silly introductory posts after awhile, but they're so difficult. You seem to manage it well, though, dictionary or no. :wink:

Before you get too wild and crazy with the more-than-seventeen-memberness, be sure to check out the rules and such so that you aren't eaten by a famished horde of [s]zombies[/s] mods like myself. It's pretty simple--critique a lot, and spell properly. Handing out cookies is always appreciated.

Hope to see you around the boards! ^_^ Please PM me if you have any questions about the site.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:07 pm
Emerson says...

If you get to throw a dictionary at their head, can I dump the Encyclopaedia Britannica...? I never know what to say.
I think a full collection of the Oxford English Dictionary would do even better. Have you seen those thungs...? Huge!

Sam went over the "Read the rules or you will get eaten" thing - but if you do have any questions about the rules, or anything on the site, or you just find yourself inexplicably lost among the amazing that is The Young Writers Society, feel free to PM me. ^_^

What do you enjoy writing? Poetry, or fiction?

Hope to see you around!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:47 am
Demeter says...

Haha :D Welcome, Nat!

I like your username. Where does it come from? And I'm finer than ever, because ANTARES just joined YWS! Yay! Really, it's wonderful to have new members! (Am I overreacting? If it's bothering you, I'll stop right away.)

How are you? I hope you're finer than ever, too, because you've had the luck to find YWS and join it! You know, I think I a) use way too much exclamation marks and b) ramble way too much. Am I right?

Sam and Suzanne have taken care of the Rules issue, so I think I won't do that all over again. ;) But you're fabulously free to PM me if you ever need anything or just want to talk!

See you around!
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:23 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Random avatar

Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:36 pm
Antares says...

Thanks for the welcome. I've read the rules and all that jazz. Don't seem to be having to many problems at the moment but thanks for the help offers.

My username is a star which you can find out more about on wikipedia.

I can't write poetry to save myself so I only write fiction. Come to think of it I'm not too good at that either. I'll read anything except horror.

Again, thanks for the welcome! It's great to be here.
'Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few weeks ago.'
'If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.' David Coleman
'Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.' Ian Wright

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 pm
Swottielottie says...

Welcome, Antares.

I save you the stuff about rules and critiques as the other guys seem to have doen their job.
So, d'you like astronomy? By your username, I would guess so. I love astronomy! Doesn't it just fascinate you?
I can't write poetry either. That's why I stick to fiction to save you all from dying at my poetry (can I call it that?) horribleness.

Well, PM if you need any help, but it looks like your fine, or just if you want to chat.

Charlotte~ The official Burtonite of YWS (Please!)

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:00 pm
niteowl says...

Welcome Antares!!! Since you've gotten all the rules and such, I'll just say have a fantastic time!!!

You're right. Intro posts are silly. Mine was horrific. I just like responding to them because attacking people with smilies is fun.

Speaking of smilies, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt016 :smt026 :smt024 :smt031 :smt032 :smt050 :smt059 :smt060 :smt072 :smt069 :smt080 :pirate1: :smt077 :smt020 :smt029 :smt027 :smt055 :smt046 :smt043 :smt035 :smt048
Last edited by niteowl on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:37 pm
Flemzo says...

Obligatory intro post?

Obligatory welcome.

Random avatar

Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:42 pm
Antares says...

Swottielottie wrote:So, d'you like astronomy? By your username, I would guess so. I love astronomy! Doesn't it just fascinate you?

Yes. In a sort of don't-know-much-about-it-but-still-amazed-by-it kind of way.

Thanks for the welcome. :D

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:38 pm
Alainna says...

Hey Antares and welcome to YWS! Ah, a very original username you have there.

YWS is a massive site but most of us don't bite - hard at least - so you can ask us as many questions as you like.

If you do need anything then send a pm my way - I'm happy to help/chat/critique.

All the best and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:22 pm
Gahks says...

Hey fellow Brit!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); nice to see you, to see you... nice! (It's Bruce Forsyth, if anyone's clueless.)

I love the username! You already mentioned that you are vaguely into astronomy; the closest I get to it is probably reading my horoscopes for fun! I enjyo public speaking, languages and cycling.

So you write fiction do you? Try joining the Novelists (over on the Groups) if you're considering a full-blown masterpiece. Otherwise post your stuff up and we'll be happy to review it for you! (I'm more into poetry myself but I do write crime fiction every now and again.)

Don't forget to post at least two reviews for every piece of work you submit.

Feel free to PM me if anything's on your mind.

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

"I never expected that I should be a queen so soon."
— Alice's Adventures in Wonderland