z

Young Writers Society

Hey Everyone

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:35 pm
robyns37 says...

Hey everyone. My name is Robyn, I'll be 16 in July and I'm finishing 10th grade in a week. I love writing, although I just recently discovered my passion for it, and right now what I really need is critique. Not just critique, but neutral critique. The only people that ever read my stuff are my friends, family and teachers; and I know that none of them would tell me anything but positives and grammatical errors. Well Thanks a lot, looking forward to hearing from you all and reading your things.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:19 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey, Robyn! You have an awesome name!

Before you post your stories and poems, be sure that you write to reviews. It's a rule that we have on YWS. It's a 2:1 review:posting. Not that difficult to remember, no?

Also, we have rules on this site, and I would recommend that you take a minute to look through them.

Well, I hope you have an enjoyable time here on YWS! I'm looking forward to reading your stories! Don't worry--we'll give you fantastic reviews.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:08 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Oh, don't worry, we give great reviews, and we can be harsh when nessesary.

You'll love it here, it's a great community. Out of curiosity, what genre do you write?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:17 am
robyns37 says...

I kinda write a little bit of everything. I have alot of poetry and a bunch of fiction stories in progress. I like writing stories, but they get pretty long eventually. I have one story up on this board "The Disaster". I'm going to put up poems soon hopefully. Thanks for the interest.
May all of your endeavors be sucessful;
but if they aren't, write about them.
And if they are, write about them.
Just Write.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:06 am
Alteran says...

Hurray! Welcome to YWS.

I'm glad you decided to join our little community. Like Thunder_due sadi, some of the crits can be harsh, and if they are no worries. The reviewers is only trying to help and wants nothing but the best for you. :)

If you need help with anything at all, don't hesitate to give me a PM.

Welcome again!
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:25 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first.

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:39 am
Demeter says...

Hello, Robyn, and welcome to YWS!!!!

You know, you are just in the right place for honest critique! Your writing stuff sounds interesting, I think I'll take a look on it today! *reads what she just wrote and realizes she's sounding overpositive because of the exclamation marks* :D

Then again, who wouldn't be overpositive? This is YWS, come on. Haha.

I'm glad you found your way here. It's always nice to have new people in our growing community! It's very cozy here, because there's one thing that contacts us all, even the most different people: tadada... writing!!! I'm quite sure you'll like it here.

But hey, without further ado, I give you one more warm welcome and remember you can always PM me if there's something concerning you. See you around!

Best wishes
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

He began to wonder why he had felt uneasy at all. It was like a man wondering in broad daylight why a dream had appeared so terrible to him at night.
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart