z

Young Writers Society

I'm New

Reviews: 3
Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:41 am
darthsythious says...

Hey, my names Jonathan, but most call me Jon. I work at a supermarket and I run every once in a while. I am 18 and I actually graduated 2 days ago. When I was in 8th grade I thought of a cool characters name for a book and before I knew it a whole story unfolded from it. I've been writing it ever since but I kept restarting it due to bad grammer and it was horrible. But I have started it over for the last time and I am happy to say I am loving it so far. As of right now it is 261 pages and it is no where near done. Well that is it in a nut shell so message me if you wanna talk and I also would love to read and give feedback to any willing to send it.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:13 am
Emerson says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS.

What genre is your novel? You must have a lot of passion for it if you've been working on it so long. I'd be interested to learn about it!

I advise you read the Rules, they're an awfully good place to start when you're on a new site! If you have any questions or need help finding your way around the site, feel free to message me!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:50 am
Squall says...

Hello Jonathan, and welcome to YWS.

Mind telling us as to what genre you write? What is your novel about? And how come you decided to get back into writing again?

If you need me, feel free to PM me (or if you want a critique from me).

Like me, you will find this site addicting as heck.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:56 am
Demeter says...

Hi Jonathan/Jon/darthsythious and welcome to the greatest place on Earth (well almost), YWS!

Congratulations on graduation! (See, that rhymed :D)

Wow, you have such patience toward that novel! I could never be able to do the same... Is it fantasy or something else? I hope you'll start posting it here even though it isn't finished, I'd like to take a look on it!

Yep, Rules and FAQ are really worth checking out! Also, remember to do two reviews toward every piece of your own! Or at least two – it's not so scrupulous ;)

So, enjoy the site! And PM me if you have any concerns! See you around, I hope.

All the best
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:33 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Jon, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:28 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Please don't forget to read the FAQs and the rules first before anything else! Also, before you post some of your works, please make 2 reviews first!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Reviews: 3
Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:14 am
darthsythious says...

Well thank you all for the warm welcome.

I am glad I found this site, it is gonna give me something to do in my spare time this summer. But for those of you that are wondering what genre my story is I will tell you. (drum roll) It's a fantasy. Set in a world of my own, with creatures of my own, and whatever else of my own I want to put in it. But yeah, I am kind of crazy about my story and it is all I think about, I am always thinking of where my characters are going to go next or what they will do. I stopped writing for a couple of years. I started my story in 8th grade but slowly I began to write less and less until it was a thing of the past. I always thought about it though. About 2.5 years passed and I caught myself thinking about my story some more around the begining of my junior year in high school. I found the notebook I wrote in during 8th grade and the story.......well it was really really bad. So, I began writing again, this time on the computer. Chapter one flew by......then chapter two.........and just when I wsa going to save my draft when I was part way through the third chapter......

My computer turned off!

Yeah, I wasn't very happy. I tried to start it over but it didn't work out. So I stopped writing for a year and about half way through senior year I had an unused notebook. So I began writing in it, I liked it because i write faster then I type and I can make easy corrections. So far it is perfect and I am at 261 pages (notebook pages). So yeah, thats about what happened with that.

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet