z

Young Writers Society

Ello =)

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:30 am
SimplyPersnikety says...

Hi everyone! I'm Abbie but I prefer you call me AJ. I write fiction, fantasy, children's stories and random poems. I like classical, epica, rock and Alternative music. I vanquish writers block by listening to music or riding my bike (Sometimes both at the same time. Gotta love i-pods 8) ). I own eleven animals, (1 horse, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 3 chickens, 1 hedgehog and a griffin.) I love chatting with people and reading other peoples work. :D

toodles!

AJ~

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:18 am
Emerson says...

Hello AJ and welcome to the YWS!

Wow, a hedgehog? Must be adorable. Or annoying. :lol:

If you have any questions about the site or need help finding your way around, feel free to bother me! It's what I do. ^_~ What genre do you write? What do you like to read? And, vanquishing writer's block is always a good thing! Vanquishing a writer's procrastination is another thing altogether.

I hope you enjoy the site, and I hope to learn more about you soon!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there AJ!!

Welcome to YWS(Young Writers Society)!!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

Feel free to PM(private message) me if you have any questions/concerns about the site!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:28 pm
Firearris says...

Hello Abbie, and Welcome to YOUNG WRITERS SOCIETY!!!!!!!! I'm Fire, Arris, Firearris, FA, or you can make something up. What hobbies do you have? What do you read? Do you have any pets? Tell us more!

Here are some good links:

Contact & Staff: A List of people you can contact for help if needed, (mods and admins), this list is a bit old, but you can still contact most of the people on it. contact.php

Rules & Guides A List of rules, and also some guides. I suggest you go through this so you know what you can and can't do on here, and the guides can be loads of help! I sometimes wish I knew about them when I joined XD rules.php

FAQ Frequently Asked Questions! You may have a problem, and you might be able to find the answer here. faq.php

Also, here is a color list:

Blue Name = Greeters.

Purple Name = Instructors.

Light Green = Junior Moderator.

Dark Green = Moderators.

Red = Admins.

Feel Free to PM me if you want a crit, or you need any help!

~Arris
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:47 pm
Demeter says...

Hi Abbie/AJ!

Welcome to YWS, the greatest place for young writers like us. Your writing preferences sound really cool, I hope you'll PM (private message) me when you've posted some! However, remember to post at least two reviews before your own stuff – I'm glad to notice you already have.

Firearris gave you all the links you'll be needing to get started, so I advise you to check them out, if you already haven't! They're very, very good. :)

Wow, eleven animals! I only have two cats. Oh, I love hedgehogs! They're so cute :) But I doubt their personality is the loveliest, haha :D

So, I wish you very pleasant time here in YWS. Don't hesitate to contact me if you'll ever need any help or reviews! I'll see you!

All the best
Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:22 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey, AJ! Wow, you have a lot of pets! That must be awesome. Although, I must ask: what's a griffin? That's... interesting?

Anyway, I hope you have a fantastic time on the YWS! We are all incredibly helpful and will give you all the support and critiques that you need. Although, before you post anything, be sure to review 2 stories/poems. We have a rule here that we must critique 2 things before we post 1 thing.

Not that complicated. ;)

Well, I'll see you around! PM me if you would like a critique! I'm always happy to help!

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:59 pm
Alteran says...

Hi AJ.

Welcome to YWS and hide you kitties. SPEW will eat them. *shifty eyes*

Happy you joined, make yourself at home and enjoy all the various part of the site. If you get lost or anything I'm happy to help as are any of the blue people or green people.

Welcome again and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:50 pm
Gahks says...

Hi AJ from warm, toasty England!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Gahks (that's pronounced 'garks'); great to have you on board!

I don't do much in the way of fantasy and children's stories - I'm more of a crime buff - but I adore poetry! It's such an expressive medium: more so than prose fiction in my opinion. Shame the market for it is shrinking fast...

It seems you have a zoo at your home and I envy you for having an iPod! Have you got any hobbies or interests as well as writing? I enjoy cycling, debating/public speaking, drama and languages.

I'm pretty sure there's a Fantasy Writers' Group (look it up in the Groups section). There's bound to be considering the breadth of clubs we have here!

Do make yourself at home and hope to see you around! I look forward to reading some of your poetry.

Best wishes,

Gahks

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:12 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello Aj I am SimonCowellLuver you can just call me SCL. What kind of rock music do you like? I mean what kind of bands? My favorite is Greenday.
Hope you have a great time here on YWS! Maybe I will see you around.

Well anyway if you have questions/concerns about the site feel free to pm me anytime.

SimonCowellLuver/SCL :elephant: :smt059 :smt035 :smt034 :smt032
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness